This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KiaKat View Post
    And that, combined with the utter lack of Fleur (Phlem...hehehe) means we aren't certain there's a real wedding. What, is it going to be Remus and Tonks instead of Bill and Fleur? That's so wrong. SO wrong.
    You know....I didn't think about that. Bill wasn't attacked, there was no Fleur, none of it! I bet you're right -- I doubt there will be a wedding. I bet the movie will start with the Ministry falling and people going into hiding and the trio heading off.

Though to answer the point about why keep the Horcruxes a secret -- that does make sense to me. Dumbledore, and subsequently Harry, wanted to keep the fact that they were hunting them a secret so Voldemort wouldn't know and wouldn't go try to protect them. They had to destory all of them in order for Voldemort to be defeated and, as shown in the book, as SOON as Voldemort knew Harry was hunting Horcruxes, he went to secure them. So you keep it secret, tell NO ONE -- and ESPECIALLY don't scream it from the rafters -- so that Voldemort doesn't know and you actually have a chance to get to all the objects and destroy them. Only then can they win.

Harry finally understood that.
    I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
      THEY SET THE BURROW ON FIRE!

It's unnecessary. We KNOW the Death Eaters are evil. And that, combined with the utter lack of Fleur (Phlem...hehehe) means we aren't certain there's a real wedding. What, is it going to be Remus and Tonks instead of Bill and Fleur? That's so wrong. SO wrong.
      i know that whole burrow on fire scene should have been cut and they should have just had the real christmas break scenes with bill fleur and them announcing they where getting married and having him attacked. it would have worked better with the story line in the movie and the pacing.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
        See...Ok. Here's another problem I had with the 6th movie.

THEY SET THE BURROW ON FIRE!

It's unnecessary. We KNOW the Death Eaters are evil. And that, combined with the utter lack of Fleur (Phlem...hehehe) means we aren't certain there's a real wedding. What, is it going to be Remus and Tonks instead of Bill and Fleur? That's so wrong. SO wrong.
        I saw on Muggle net that the actress who played Fluer has signed on for HPH. now there are only 2 possiblilites for weddings (and there is a wedding in part 1 of DH)

1. Bill and Fluer (get together with no background from OoTP or HBP)

or

2. Remeus and Tonks (in the Burrow being attacted sequence Tonks calls Remeus "Sweetheart" while standing on the balconey so that are now romantically linked in the HBP movie though not so in most of the book untiol the end)

to persephone:

even in the book the Horcurxes are kept a secret. Dumbledore does emphasis to Harry that he can only tell Ron and Hermonie about them and NO ON else. Dumbledore really only figured out the truth (but guessed correctly after the diary in CoS) after viewing Slughorn's full memory

Volty does not fugure out Harry is hunting for the Horcruxes until the last 1/4 of DH
        Last edited by Racket_Man; 08-03-2009, 06:52 AM.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          to persephone:

even in the book the Horcurxes are kept a secret. Dumbledore does emphasis to Harry that he can only tell Ron and Hermonie about them and NO ON else. Dumbledore really only figured out the truth (but guessed correctly after the diary in CoS) after viewing Slughorn's full memory

Volty does not fugure out Harry is hunting for the Horcruxes until the last 1/4 of DH
          I know. That's what I was saying. Someone earlier in this thread had said they didn't understand why Harry didn't go shouting it from the rooftops and I was explaining why, since it's explained in the books but not the movie. Trust me, I'm probably the biggest Harry Potter dork you'll ever meet.
          I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Working...
          X