This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*walks in with stunned look on face. sits down. deep breath*

So I was prepared for the next several months (If not longer) for this epic battle for a little boy's life. I expected much emotional hardship and tears and angry phone calls in the middle of the night.

This. I did not expect.

The bf called K's mom and told her straight up what he thought of her. Including things such as "You're an adult and can take care of yourself. But K is not and cannot." And apparently she broke down in tears and said she is going to give us custody.

This is like getting all revved up for a week long Elk hunt, then getting there only to find the whole damn mountain is gone.

So in short, I'm still in shock and have no idea how I feel. But there has been a lot of jaw dropping and sputtering from me.

So um, I'm seriously sorry for the supremely anticlimatic ending guys. But at least this epic story has a happy ending.

*walks out looking seriously confused*
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Anticlimatic hell That is FAN-DAMN-TASTIC news.

Now to get everything tied up nice and legal and binding.
      Meeeeoooow.....
      Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Agreed, to the lawyers office monday morning!!
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

Comment

That is wonderful news!
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Why are you sorry, yeah I know it sucks that you didn't get the fight you were building up to but the kid will be taken care of, work out a visitation schedule and get it in writing who knows what kind of mood swing this wackjob of a woman will have in two days about giving up her kids.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

This is fan-fing-tastic news.

after you get custody, could you take Little Guy in to a doc for a tuneup? I think the booger may need some more nutrition...and it might be smart to see if he's lagging behind in milestones due to the neglect/nutrition.

Otherwise, Congrats! I think this is a damn good thing happening. *happy dance*

Cutenoob
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Too be honest? I'm sorry because I was hoping for at least a few weeks worth of dealing with this crazy woman. Because I live in a one bedroom apartment currently and it would have given me time to move. >.< So now I have just have this weekend (monday through wednesday is my weekend) to find a bigger place and get my shit moved over there.

Urgh, I hate moving.

Comment

That's great news. K now has a good chance in life. Yes, I agree that moving sucks. Don't forget to add him to your health plan ASAP--also get his SS# as he's YOUR dependent now.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                  X