Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster... by Skillet... Because Three Days grace already did that song. It's called "Animal I have become", and it is slightly less stupid.

No seriously, those songs sound almost exactly the same to me.
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

So What by Pink is going to make me go postal on someone some day, I swear to all that is holy. Talk about over-played. Once every fifteen minutes for at least a month, and I wasn't allowed to turn the radio off... Graaaaah!

Comment

ANYTHING by Pink is enough to rile me up. At least once per hour, they play "Don't Leave Me" or "Sober"....although "So What" was way overplayed when it first came out and up until about last winter.

All this past week in the morning, all they seem to want to play is Pink, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, The Fray, and Jesse McCartney. The same songs every morning.....ugh!
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ugggh, the Fray. Don't even get me started on them.

They're proof that incredibly boring music can be way too successful. Along with John Mayer, Coldplay, and others.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

More like proof that annoying, whiney boys singing can swoon over the hearts of girls everywhere and take over the airplay that should be used for better music.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

One of the stations in my area does Classic Rock, and makes it a point to not play the same song twice in any given day.

But I've found, if I have the bandwidth and approval, that Pandora works well for me.
              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

We have a station where a guy named Bob plays everything. And I mean EVERYTHING! Nothing is EVER repeated .
                "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

In our area, we get good reception on 3 FM stations... two play rock/pop and the third is the CBC. I listen to the CBC at work for two reasons:

One, the repetition. Nothing will kill my 'like' for a song faster than having to hear it four times a day (I still like Evanescence but I can't listen to "Bring Me To Life" ever again...), and it seems to be worse if I don't like the song. No joke: one of the stations actually played "Jenny From The Block" 3 TIMES WITHIN 20 MINUTES!!! FIRST as part of the 'countdown', SECOND as a time filler to the top of the hour and THIRD as the 'request show' started!!!

Second, their request shows NEVER had anything I wanted them to play. I wanted them to play "Shout 2000" by Disturbed... not a crazy request, is it? I mean, "Down With The Sickness" was all over the radio at that time, so another song from THE SAME ALBUM shouldn't be a hardship. Nope, they flat-out refused.

So now, the CBC.

Which is kind of awkward, because we do print jobs for one of the other FM stations, and when the guy comes to pick the jobs and hears the CBC news start...

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                    We have a station where a guy named Bob plays everything. And I mean EVERYTHING! Nothing is EVER repeated .
                    we have that too-though it's "Charlie"-they have a "no repeat workweek" no songs repeat from 9-5 monday-fri

I once heard "pac-man fever" on that station....
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                      "Bob plays everything. Except rap. Bob things rap is crap." *giggle* We have Bob too.

Sadly, I like and have in my MP3 player every single song that's been mentioned in this thread so far...
                      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I don't listen to much radio, so...:/

At my old job, around Christmas they would play a jillion different versions of "The Little Drummer Boy". They would also play an equal number of versions of "The First Noel", but I like that song, so it's alright.

At a local music venue I go to, they just can't seem to grasp the concept of a world without hardcore music (at least over the PA). What's worse is that they think screamed versions of pop songs are funny (I Set My Friends On Fire's "Soulja Boy"). They're not. They're fucking annoying. Quit that bullshit.
                        Last edited by Gawdzillers; 08-03-2009, 04:52 AM.
                        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

All songs by Brett Dennen. Future ones also.

Somebody at the company that provides our PA muzak has a total boner for him. There's at least 5 of his songs in the rotation. Every time I hear that nails-on-a-chalkboard, pinched-nose whine of his come over the PA, I mentally cockpunch him until he agrees not to release any more songs.

Seriously, my job is bad enough. The music they make me listen to while I'm doing it makes it suck that much more.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            All songs by Brett Dennen. Future ones also. Somebody at the company that provides our PA muzak has a total boner for him. There's at least 5 of his songs in the rotation. Every time I hear that nails-on-a-chalkboard, pinched-nose whine of his come over the PA, I mentally cockpunch him until he agrees not to release any more songs. Seriously, my job is bad enough. The music they make me listen to while I'm doing it makes it suck that much more.
                            At least you HAVE music. We're not allowed. Just the walkie chatter.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              At least you HAVE music. We're not allowed. Just the walkie chatter.
                              Yeah, you gotta listen to The Bitch.

I'd take walkie chatter over music most of the time, and especially at Christmastime. I'm pretty sure having to listen to every version of "Santa Baby" ever recorded is a blatant violation of the Geneva Accords.

Comment

Single Ladies is a horrible, horrible song. Even my mom changed the radio station when it came on and she usually always let my sister listen to whatever she wants.

Don't Trust Me by 3OH!3. If I hear that line "Shush girl, shut your lips. Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips!" one more time, someone is getting punched.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                                That song "Young Folks," by whichever weenies did the song "Young Folks." It's the one with the whistling.

I have informed my co-workers to expect a slow, bloody death if they sing, whistle or hum that song anyplace near me.
                                It's by Peter Bjorn and John. I almost never hear it on the radio.

Thank God for satellite radio. I love it in my car.
                                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
                                X