This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    still cant be by her self at night, andthats what i think sleeping in the living room is, then she should diffently seek counsiling.
    I think you're right on the money here about the reason she sleeps in the living room.

About a month ago my schedule did this thing where I was never home and awake at the same time as my family, and, since my job is basically a bunch of mindless interactions with stangers, I was feeling pretty lonely.

I wound up sleeping in the living room for two weeks because I couldn't stand the sense of isolation I was getting in my room. It's pretty far away from high traffic areas of the house, and it's not so much my room as a place where I dump my crap (I'm working on that part).

How much time does she spend in her room during the day? If she doesn't like to be there, then I think thegiraffe's idea about making the room hers is a good one.

As for the way she's affectionate with her father, I don't think it's that unusual at her age. My sister and I were both physically affectionate with our father in the same manner 'till we were maybe a little older than she is now.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Ok just when I was thinking she will grow out of it... we had some severe weather come through the other night, and we had to go down to the basement for a little bit. It passed and was just thunderstorming after.

BF told me she asked if she could sleep with us. Of course he said no, but the fact that she asked. She's too old to be scared of thunderstorms and since all the bedrooms are upstairs and she insists in sleeping downstairs, she wouldn't be any safer anyway.

I know she's still at the age where she is kind of hovering between young child and pre-teen but i think the boundaries need to be clear and reinforced.

She also still asks him to cut her food for her. Like hamburgers, waffles, etc. He is starting to make her do it herself (which she is fully capable of) though.
      "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Working...
      X