X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, how is the one-eyed kitty doing?
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

He goes in on Tuesday to get his sutures out, it's healing up rather well but he's very skinny-looking (poor guy has obviously lost some weight) and seems a bit depressed We think it has to do with the collar; in order to eat "properly" he needs to crane his neck and head in a fairly unnatural position for him so that the collar isn't hitting anything. He can't clean himself so we have to clean his "nether regions" with a damp paper towel and some all-natural grooming foam we have. Isn't too wild about that but at least with the collar he can't fight too much.

He seems to do okay with the hand-feeding (food in a small shallow glass bowl held right up to his mouth); he doesn't eat a hell of a lot at a time, but we're giving him his prescribed stuff mixed with chicken drippings, egg yolks, baby food and sardine oil to get him interested (he loves the fish oil). Mom's thinking of calling the vet tomorrow morning just to see what his advice is about the weight loss.

"When I get out of this torture device, you're in trouble."

He's been under my bed alot; might be cooler down there. He can't go too far underneath though which is probably a good thing.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 08-07-2009, 10:50 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Poor baby.....Ri also ate less w/ the collar and I had to help clean him.

Let us know how Tues goes....he will feel soooo good to get that lamp shade off, and will def be itchy where his eye was.

***good thoughts!!!!!***
        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I rushed out yesterday and bought a couple cans of sardines; we've been giving him the fish oil with almost everything he eats and already he looks so much better. He's spending more time "out" with us (living room couch, beds, his window seat) and eating more (mom mentioned that he'd probably inhale all the catfood in the house after the collar comes off).

He seems more interested with itching the collar rather than the suture site.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X