This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it is that time of year again...

Time for the Sturgis Rally, for those who don't know about the rally, I will explain. Every year for the last 69 years motorcyclists have converged on my area of the world, mainly Sturgis, SD. There can be anywhere from 200,000 to 500,000 people who converge on a town with approximately 6,000 people. Main street is blocked off from regular traffic and the place is lined with motorcycles of all shapes and sizes. Every business on Main street turns into vendors hawking their wares to the hundreds of thousands of people who walk the streets staring at the bikes and the people.

The people, well wow!! You get all kinds and it is very common to have many scantily clad women walking down the street or riding a bike, and by scantily clad, well they cover the main parts but barely and if they don't get caught there are ladies who bare it all. It is a major drink fest, especially the Buffalo Chip campground which is famous for the hot babes and hot bands that come to play. It is also famous for anything goes at the Chip. One year I was there for a concert, my first time at the Chip and people were smoking weed everywhere!! It is a wonder I didn't get high!!

This is also the time for people to be sucky! Most of the bikers are pretty cool but sometimes the locals are bitches! People drive like maniacs, my city, which is only 20 miles from Sturgis and is a major city in western SD, is so congested with bikes and people and stupid drivers. Anyone who has lived here for very long knows of the Rally that comes like clockwork the first weekend in August. They are also the ones who bitch about the motorcycles and the noise and all kinds of crap. It irritates me to no end because I love the Rally and the bikers. I avoid Sturgis like the plague but I see my share of bikers come into the resturant so I get to talk to all kinds of folks, which is a blast for me.

It is crazy, congested, busy, but I look forward to it each year. Next year looks to be one of the biggest because it is the 70th anniversary. We will see. If you like to party, see lots of bikers and bikes, lots of scantily clad women and a horde of hot bands (Aerosmith, George Thourgood, Toby Keith,Cheech and Chong, Billy Squier, Buckcherry and this is just a few at the Buffalo Chip, there are more at other places) then you would love Sturgis!

It is fun, now if I can make it through the bitching from the locals without losing my temper and not get frustrated with the traffic then all will be cool. LOL

My boss is there right now.

YEAY!!!!! for me

Feel sorry for you, should he choose to patronize your place of business. He's sort of a SC, EW and Drama Queen with beard, rolled into one.

Comment

Quoth It shouldn't View Post
      My boss is there right now.

YEAY!!!!! for me

Feel sorry for you, should he choose to patronize your place of business. He's sort of a SC, EW and Drama Queen with beard, rolled into one.
      I already had one of those!! He was from Vegas, just rude and arrogant. I just smiled and stayed cheerful. Heck what can you do?? Idiots come in all shapes and sizes and they also ride Harleys! Fortunately he is the only idiot biker I have had. The rest have been really cool, especially those who love our food but don't have a resturant near them. We only have about 420 locations nationwide.

Comment

Working...
      X