This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NightWatch View Post
    I hate roaches too, but in certain cities, they're a fact of life. Like Downtown SLC, if you go outside at night during the summer, the sidewalks are COVERED in roaches. So naturally, they will get inside your home eventually.
    I'm afraid this is true here too...while it's not as bad as having the sidewalks covered in them, most people around here say that they get them occasionally. They've been especially bad this year, apparently, because it's even hotter and drier than it normally is, so the roaches are kind of desperate to get out of the heat.

Comment

We get spiders sometimes and the occasional centipede here. I can deal with the spiders most of the time but the centipedes really freak me out. My roomie is pretty good about dealing with them, though.

I've never dealt with roaches (knock on wood). My parents had carpenter ants in their first house; I was too young to remember that, though (we moved from there when I was 2).

I've read that if you get ants, if you figure out where they're coming in and put some cream of tartar across the entry point, it'll keep them out.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X