This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCA members

I didn't want to hijack another discussion going on in SC so I thought I'd ask here.

How many people in this board are SCA members? I've been wanting to join for some time but I can't find a chapter near my area (in walking distance no less).

sca.org

where do you live? you need to check you kingdom page for your local barony.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

http://www.mountainfreehold.org/

Looks like they cover the whole of Vermont. Might not be anything real local to you.

That seems weird to me; where I am, there are six groups within an hour's drive, and another seven within three hours. Maybe I'm spoiled.

Comment

Try this guy; he seems to be local to you, and he's their seneschal (chief local officer): Justin Griffing, PO Box 4381, Burlington, VT 05406. P: (802) 922 - 8981.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
          Try this guy; he seems to be local to you, and he's their seneschal (chief local officer): Justin Griffing, PO Box 4381, Burlington, VT 05406. P: (802) 922 - 8981.
          Thank you. I might actually be moving out to Salem shortly but it's good to know there are people here. Maybe I can talk to him.

Someone mentioned doing tarot readings at an SCA event and I would like to have my opportunities open.

Comment

Can't you just call the school and find out? At least the principal should know...

I was kidding! I was kidding!! ACK! Put down the sword!

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
              Thank you. I might actually be moving out to Salem shortly but it's good to know there are people here. Maybe I can talk to him.

Someone mentioned doing tarot readings at an SCA event and I would like to have my opportunities open.
              A lot of the time they will hold events at churches and church campgrounds ... be prepared to *not* do that evil devil crap at a religious institution ...

One of my exroomies Breice did readings and got reamed out and tossed offsite at a fundie church camp ground as a devil worshipper for reading the tarot in the merchant area. Also you will have to check, some locales will have ordinances about fortune telling, you can only hope for donations, you can not set a price. It is a hangover from the old carnival regulations. One way people get around that is having a bowl of something like pretty polished stones or cheap rings, the set price for the thingy is whatever, and it comes with a free reading.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
              X