This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Dan the Epidural Guy, Wherever He May Be

So...went to midwife for a routine appointment Friday morning at 8 am. Blood pressure had spiked, so she sent me to the hospital for tests. They admitted me at noon on Friday for induction, the only way to cure dangerously high pregnancy blood pressure being delivery of the baby. They induced me at 5 am Saturday morning. At 7 pm Saturday, they determined that baby had changed position and would not be coming out the natural way, so I got to experience all 3 stages of labor AND an emergency c-section. AWESOME! Stayed in hospital until today, Tuesday, and just came home. Thank God. So I left for a 30-minute appointment and was gone for 5 days.

I guess he was worth it. We decided to go ahead and keep him. Even gave him a name and everything: Conrad Rainier Khouri.

And to Dan the epidural guy, you are without a doubt the most beloved man in the Labor and Delivery Unit, for good reason.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Con Rad U Lations!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      And to Dan the epidural guy, you are without a doubt the most beloved man in the Labor and Delivery Unit, for good reason.
      The funny thing is when my wife was in labor we've got a before drugs, after drugs shot. It' funny to show cause in one pic she looks miserable, next one happy as all hell.
      "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

grats!

pix?
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Congrats!!

The same thing happened to a friend of mine...on all THREE of her babies!! The first two were each over 10 pounds, the thought of which makes me feel a bit faint. When my best friend had her daughter, she was VERY grateful for the epidural!
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Yay Baby!

Guess he had mixed feelings on joining us out here....
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Congratulations darling!
              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Congrats! Now, where are the pics?
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Congrats!!! When do we get to see pics of baby Conrad?

Comment

Congrats on the new little one!

Now I'm scared. *whimper* All 3 stages of labor, AND a C-Section? Owie kazowie. I think on my birth plan it'll say "Gimme Drugs, NOW. I don't want pain above a 4."

Lol, I'm wimpy.
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Don't worry- I literally felt nothing during the c-section. The doctor said at one point, "Did you feel anything I just did?" I hadn't, and he said, "OK, uterine incision." So he's cut through my fat and abdominal muscle and I hadn't felt a thing.

Afterward my husband said, "I just realized that if we'd been doing this a hundred years ago, you and the baby would have died." So hooray for modern medicine.
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Yay, baby! I, too, would like pics, please.

Makes me a little scared, though. Good thing it's still years off for me!

Comment

Yay for new Baby.

Boo for pain but again Yay for Dan!

Comment

Congrats on baby! I also request pictures.

Epidurals are TEH GREATEST ever. I had my first kid natural so figured with the second I would save some pain and get an epidural just to see. It was heaven. I took a nap, watched some cartoons while laboring.

Comment

WOO HOO! CONGRATULATIONS!

With my older son, I was in labor for two days before I had an emergency c-section. I still remember my very cute (natural blonde with small goatee surfer)anesthesiologist. He was great and he was praising me for doing so well. My husband has a bit of a man crush on him still for making me feel so much better.
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                              X