This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I qualify for unemployment....

Because I work such crappy hours and don't have a fixed schedule I qualify for unemployment. I was shocked... it never even occurred to me that I might since I am working... barely. Best part about it is, they have workshops to help you with your resume and will help you post it online though THEIR website instead of the normal channels that I have been having NO luck with. There is also a scholarship program they offer ((I have to get more details)) to help with school. So I am really excited, because this means that I can make enough money to live off of, still hunt for a new job, and possibly go back to school!

**NOTE**
    Please no debates about this topic. I am just really excited and wanted to share the joy!
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Not so much as Unemployment pay but Underemployment pay. Hardly a difference except unemployment maybe gets a little more.

Comment

I need to look into that as well since I will be out of work until at least Labor Day.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
        I need to look into that as well since I will be out of work until at least Labor Day.
        Make sure you do it soon, since it takes 2 weeks for you to start receiving your benefits.
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

Do yourself a favor, Red_Dazes, have taxes withheld. In most states, that's a matter of checking a couple boxes on the form.

Last season, I've had to tell quite a few people with unemployment 1099's that they either owed (especially the state tax) or would get a pittance of a refund b/c they had significant income w/o withholding. You are welcome to PM me with more specific queries about that.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            Do yourself a favor, Red_Dazes, have taxes withheld. In most states, that's a matter of checking a couple boxes on the form.
            Yeah I already opted for 10% being with held for taxes, the lady on the phone said "Smart Girl" I laughed and said the point of me doing this was to have money to live off of... not OWE the government more money than I have.
            -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
              ...the lady on the phone said "Smart Girl"...
              The bureaucrat's right about that. Keep in mind that job-hunting expenses are deductible--even if you don't get the job.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Hmmm. I shall see if I can change that on my claim....
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                X