This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My big guy needs surgery

Yesterday, my big guy was riding his bike and somehow slammed into the side of a speeding car. The man called me yesterday to tell me that my son was hurt. I want to thank the man who took the time to call me and stay with my son till the ambulance got there. Yes, the man was the one driving.

I get to the hospital and they won't let me back to see my son! The Chaplin told me my son was fine and answering questions. 45 minutes later I get back to see my son, who was still in a bit of shock. It was a good thing, because I was about to go back there and let security try to stop me.

He had a head injury, but it wasn't bad. He smashed up his left leg pretty good and was taken upstairs to be admitted. I stayed the night with him.

Tomorrow morning, he will have surgery to repair the damaged knee cap, since a part of it broke and is sitting off to the side. He will need to have a screw and bolt put in and use a walker for 3 months. He can not put weight on that leg for the entire time.

I'm going back to stay with him in a few minutes, but I won't be able to check in here, since the site is blocked on the hospital wifi.

My poor guy! We were suppose to go on vacation today, but instead he is getting ready to face surgery.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Im sorry to hear that and sorry you're missing vacation.

I hope everything goes well with surgery. Recovery is the hardest part. Keep him motivated. Hopefully he'll bounce back in no time.

<<hugs>>

Comment

So sorry to hear this.

I will keep your son and your family in my prayers. Poor guy.
      Hope he's on the mend soon.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Give your son a big hug from us, Mis! I can't believe the hospital staff wouldn't let you back to see him right away. How old is he? If he's under 18, I'd think it'd be pretty much required to allow a parent/guardian to see him right away. When I ended up in the ER last year from a gall bladder attack, my mom stormed right past reception and found my room...and I was 24!

Comment

Poor guy. Hope everything goes well.
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 08-08-2009, 04:38 PM.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Me and the kitties are sending good thoughts your way.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Dagnabbit.

Well, the good part is that the person at fault actually stayed and helped the Big Guy out. I'm sorry vacation isn't working the way it should, but...all things considered...

I sprained my ankle when I was a kid too...crutches are not fun I hope you live in a ranch house!

Good luck with this, and heal quickly, you'll need it.

Cutenoob
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I'm thinking about you and big guy, sending as many good thoughts as I can. I'm glad it wasn't worse than it was and glad big guy will be okay.

I also agree that it was very good of the driver to stay with your son and call you. Does your son carry a contact card in his wallet or was he "with it" enough to tell the man your phone number and have him call?
                I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

How's he doing?

Rapscallion

Comment

You know what one of the great things I've noticed about all the kids I've known?

They bounce.

Stomach flu knocks you out for 3 days? Kid's over it in 24 hours. Knocks a new hole in his head on the corner of a table? Next day looks like a freckle on the scalp.

Your guy is going to amaze everybody with how fast he recovers after surgery. It helps that he has great motivation to do so. Vacation. Wanting to ride his bike again. Not wanting to go back to school with an old-man walker like the dude in "Up".

You'll see.

That being said- how'd it go?
                    "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

*oodles of hugs*
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I hope all goes well with the surgery.
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Awwww I hope he's alright now! *hands chocolates* Not sure how old he is but don't be surprised if he's a little snappy while recovering. I know I was when on crutches.

*hugs*
                          Out of retail!

Comment

Aw geez. That's nasty. That's one of the things a parent never wants to go through. I'm sorry it's happened to him and you. I wish him a speedy recovery, and give him an extra hug when he's feeling up to it.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Here's hoping for a swift recovery Mis.
                              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                              X