Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's terribly frightening. It sounds like he's going to be OK but I'm going to pray for him anyway.

I know about communicating from the hospital. They didn't block this site but somehow my posts from there got eaten. It was frustrating.

I've PM'd my email address to you. If you want me to post anything for you from the hospital, just email it to me and tell me you want it posted.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the well wishes. I was home briefly yesterday, but didn't have time to check on here. I don't remember who asked, but my son is 16 years old and yes, I was shocked that he was taken to the hospital and taken into the ER without us being present.

The big guy was in surgery on Sunday (yes, his doctor did the surgery on a Sunday) and was in for over 3 hours. I was frantic and couldn't find a single person to go check on him. My husband showed up and in true fashion was able to find someone (he could find someone on a deserted island) and had them go check on our son.

The doctor wasn't satisfied with how it was looking and redid a part of the surgery and that was what took so long. Plus, the big guy's blood pressure shot up, so they had to stop and give him a medication for that and start again.

The doctor came out when it was over and told us how it went and took us right back to recovery, since my son was the only surgery that day. My son couldn't go to the floor right away, because his blood pressure shot up again. So, I spoke to my son while he was coming around and stroking his hair. The finally got his blood pressure under control again and sent him up to his room.

I stayed the whole time, except when I left to get food in the cafeteria or to come home to shower.

He was discharged today and we are home now. We live in a two story townhouses, with both bathrooms and all the bedrooms on the top floor. He can't get up the stairs yet, so we have things set up down here to help him out.

He has a walker and a wheelchair, but he was still worn out from getting out of the car and trying to get in the house. He is asleep on the couch behind me right now.

He has about 10 staples closing the incision and will have those out in about 3 weeks, but will still have to keep all the weight off that leg for at least 3 months.

We both appreciate the well wishes of those on here. Thank you!
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Oh boy. 3 months = no leg pressure? Oy vey. Hopefully he's got a list of PT exercises to do as homework while he's on the couch. (in a few weeks).

Hugs to him and you...I bet you're going to hear a lot of "Mooooooom Can you get _____" . Have him build a robot kit from Fry's and see if that little thing can get programmed to go fetch stuff. LOL.

16 and busted knee. Wonder if his buddies are gonna come over and see the stitches and gush over how gnarly gross it is, cool dude!

cutenoob
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Glad to see he's home and doing well. Hope he's driving you crazy soon!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I made a mistake. I was changing the big guy's bandages this morning and counted his staples, it's not 10 staples it's 26! EEK!

Comment

Glad to hear hes doing fine mis!! Just count your lucky stars that it wasn't a more serious injury...

Friend of mine shattered his pelvis couple of years ago and had to stay on a walker for AGES.

Is your son on blood thinners? or something similiar? has he been told NOT to move around much or just limited movement?
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Sarlon, he is on blood thinners to make sure he doesn't get blood clots that might break off and travel to his heart. He is actually on the same one that his father was on.

The doctor did tell my son to move around as much as he can handle, but without moving the leg too much. The doctor did not want him laying around and not moving. My son was given light exercises he could do try to strength the one leg.

I am extremely grateful that my son wasn't hurt worse than he was.

Comment

:hugs, and a happy dance:

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                  X