Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grape jelly and eggplant...or, how Lupo pulled an oops ina good way?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grape jelly and eggplant...or, how Lupo pulled an oops ina good way?

Deciding to do something purely indulgent for myself, I decided to color my hair last night. Now, I usually use one specific brand in a dark red/brown color, somewhere between cherry and burgundy brown. However when at the store, to my dismay, the color and brand i wanted were sold out. So, rather than waste a bus trip to another store, I found what I gathered to be the equivalent shade in a different brand, one that my mom uses all the time.

I pull out everything I need, and get to work. My first hint of misgivings began after applying the haircolor and seeing that it looked like I dipped my head in grape jelly. We're talking PURPLE. <gulp> Hey, it just might look that way as dye, and then rinse out differently, so I'll give it a chance

Then I rinse it out and dry it and get a good look in the mirror. And whoo.

Eggplant. You know the color of a beautifully ripe eggplant? That blackish/purplish hue? Yup, that's my head. My hair is naturally ash brown/blondish to begin with, and I'm pale, so this color really brings out the paleness.

After a few moments of shock, I think I rather like it. Shocked the crap out of my mother, though!

She says maybe it'll fade or settle a little as time goes by. Kind of hoping it doesn't.

So, pulled an oops, but it actually worked out rather nicely, I think. I quite like it!

Please?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I used to dye my hair a purple-shade of red. I like the purple, and then the red that it faded to. But my hair is already dark red, so it works. I don't dye my hair anymore cuz it's a pretty color. The color also changes based on where I part my hair

I bet it looks great on ya, but I agree with IPF. Pics please!!
      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Ok...

Hair color I was "born with"

The hair color I usually opt for

This is what the color looked like after being applied. Grape jelly...

and this is what it looks like rinsed out and dried.

And mama wanted to see what it looked like out in the sun.
        Last edited by lupo pazzesco; 08-08-2009, 11:39 PM. Reason: I'm challenged when it comes to figuring out images...

Comment

dats perrrdy!!! The good news, your hair does resemble an eggplant, but the rest of you doesn't! (That's NW-speak for, you look beautiful. Yes, ALL of my compliments are guised as insults.)
          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

I like, I like! That's about the same color I used to dye my hair.

On a side note, I used to wonder what I'd look like as a blond, but that would've meant bleaching first and I didn't feel like going to the trouble.
            Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 08-09-2009, 12:15 AM.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Awww...thanks guys. Makin' me blush here.

Comment

I like it. That's a very pretty pic.

I used to occasionally dye my hair red, but I've only once used permanent dye (and that was done by a professional). But red fades quickly, even when it is permanent. The change wasn't so drastic that you could tell when it started to grow out, though. By then it had faded enough that it wasn't a huge difference.

The extra-blonde highlights that she did around my face when she did a touch-up about 6 weeks later, however.... I cheered when I finally had the last bits of that chopped off like a year-and-a-half later. (I have never had any desire to actually be blonde; the original highlights were a caramel color, but the touch-up made it really light.)
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Woot! Anime hair! And it's pretty.

Comment

Hell, I wouldn't even say the Grape Jelly colour was bad personally.
                    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Ooh, pretty!

Comment

Lupo went anime! That's a neat color! And I think you and I use similar hair dye...I couldn't see the color name, but I use that brand.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Looks good Lupo! I like it!

Comment

I think you look fab!
                            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Lookin' good, Lup Yr making me wanna dye my hair!! (well, you and my grey hairs)
                              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                              X