Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else NEVER get carded for alcohol?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got carded once three years ago, at the age of 37. I was surprised, because I couldn't remember the last time I got carded. And it hasn't happened since, except at places that card every single person at the door. I figure those don't count.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I've never been carded. Granted, I didn't drink when I was younger--I enjoy a glass of wine now and then--but still. It was always a bit odd to go into a state store for Grandma's wine...and not get asked for ID. Now, nobody bothers--maybe it's the greying hair, the beard I sometimes sport, or the "fuck it all" attitude I seem to give off
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My work has a liquor section. I still show my card even though I don't have to-they know I'm 18 (legal drinking age in Australia is 18).
        Comparing that to my local bottle-O, I'll still voluntarily show my ID, but a few times they haven't asked me and I've even been wearing a primary school jumper! (In Australia, most primary schools and high schools will do a commemorative jumper or shirt or both for students in their last year of primary/high school.)
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Yup. Since I never buy alcohol (I hate the taste of it) I never get carded.

I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

It'd be much easier to make a good guess at age if so many guys weren't going prematurely bald and so many girls didn't already look in their 20s and 30s in their teens!
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              It'd be much easier to make a good guess at age if so many guys weren't going prematurely bald and so many girls didn't already look in their 20s and 30s in their teens!
              Had a classmate in high school who was almost totally bald by the time he was a junior... no chemo or anything else, just ordinary male pattern baldness... twenty years early.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Bought a bottle of wine two nights ago. Didn't get IDed.

Went to a bar last night. Didn't get IDed.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I'm 31, and I hate when I am not carded.

Everytime I do get carded, I thank the person....they usually looks at me funny when I do
                  "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                  "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I'm relieved when I'm not carded, because I still have an out-of-state ID and it takes the clerk/waiter/bartender forever to find the date!
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I get huffy when I don't get carded. I know that after work, I tend to look a little rough and my skin looks absolutely horrid, and bear in mind that I am my own worst critic and probably way harsher on myself than anyone else ever could be, and I'd guess my own age after a 10-12 hour shift, face all greasy, makeup all sunken into my skin and etc.......probably 23 or 24 at the very oldest. If I were a clerk, I'd still card me. You never know!

The only time I don't get huffy is if the clerk knows me or I'm at a bar where all the staff knows me.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'm 28 and i don;t recall ever being carded.

However, the highest age restriction over here is 18 and i regularly get told i am older than I am so that could be why. General age estimates for me tend to range from mid-30's to mid-40's.
                        Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Quoth Fashion Lad! View Post
                          I rarely get carded. My girlfriend who is older than me by more than one trip around the sun always gets carded. It's my gray hair
                          I don't get carded hardly at all for anything anymore, unless I"m going into a bar with a door person.

Off topic....Fashion Lad where on earth did you get that avatar I love it.
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            Had a classmate in high school who was almost totally bald by the time he was a junior... no chemo or anything else, just ordinary male pattern baldness... twenty years early.
                            Did you know my brother? He started going bald by the time he was 16.

I card almost everyone now. One of the managers at work that I thought was 38, is actually 28. Another that I thought was again almost 40, is, in fact, 34.

People age *badly* here in GB.
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post

Off topic....Fashion Lad where on earth did you get that avatar I love it.
                              One of the members here sent it to me. So, from them, I guess.
                              When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Whether I get carded or not depends on where I'm buying alcohol. At a sit-down restaurant, it's maybe 50% of the time. At the liquor store or at a bar, I always get carded.

I got carded a couple of weeks ago buying lottery tickets. I'm 27. The clerk at the convenience store said I don't look a day over 18.

Comment

Working...
                                X