This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat's hair dying adventure

well, normally I have dark brown hair......decided to go a dark burgundy...it...um doesn't seem to have taken.....the top of my hair look red.....the rest is still dark. Granted, its still wet, but this doesn't bode well.

Might need to reapply or head to the mall tomorrow.....doh!
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

You can't post hair dying horror stories without pictures. It's against the law.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Let the hair dry first, and I shall post pix I see see a hint of red near the tips, I may have succeeded.....

Edit: Hope this works.....this was taken with my Mac, and I'm gonna redye it

Last edited by Cat; 08-12-2009, 12:11 AM.
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

OK, fair enough. Hair does tend to look darker when it's wet. Also, the ends can soak up more dye if they're damaged.

Comment

It def needs to be redone.

Comment

But does it look like grape jelly and eggplant?

Comment

I wish it did!! I did edit my 2nd post, there is a photo there.....bad lighting though

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                I wish it did!! I did edit my 2nd post, there is a photo there.....bad lighting though
                Yeah, it's hard to tell the color there. Oh well..

Comment

I'll take one in the sun tomorrow

Comment

It doesn't look horrible.

It's just a risk you take using box color. You never know what you'll get, and since most of us aren't certified beauticians, we probably don't evenly get every square inch of hair when we dye it. I made plenty of my own blunders with home box dye.

It's more worth it to save up some money and get it professionally done.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      It's more worth it to save up some money and get it professionally done.

I'd hate to know what kind of damage I'd do if I tried to do my own hair! I usually only get mine highlighted once or twice a year, so it's a little more affordable. I only get simple highlights, so I don't really get bad roots.
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I re-did it last night....looks good (again, I have horrid lighting in my home) If the sun comes out, I'll post another pic

Comment

I like dying my hair burgundy.

Why?

Because the first couple of days it looks black unless I'm in direct light...then it looks purple/red.

I've freaked out Mommy AND the MOTH™ by dying my hair without warning them first.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                            I like dying my hair burgundy.

Why?

Because the first couple of days it looks black unless I'm in direct light...then it looks purple/red.

I've freaked out Mommy AND the MOTH™ by dying my hair without warning them first.

Exactly I'm heading out tonight for a boat trip and booze afterward (man, do I need a drink....grrr hisss) I'll take pix of the final product!

Comment

If you're looking for a good burgundy, believe it or not you can get it for about three or four dollars at Walmart. I can't remember the brand name off the top of my head, but it's the only brand that's that price and it works great I use it all the time when I go burgundy, and it always takes really well. Can't wait to see new pics hon

Comment

Working...
                              X