This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder

There are clouds on the horizon so dark they're almost black. I can hear thunder in the distance. The world is still, but I can feel the hint of a cool breeze on my face that carries with it the smell of rain. I wish a had a high place where I could watch the storm come in.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

i love tstorms and the ominous feeling right before they come in

Comment

Remember, kiddies, if you hear the boom...

you're still alive!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I love thunderstorms. I get so much traffic noise where I live that I don't get to enjoy them as much unless they're really loud. They keep promising storms but I'm not getting them...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

One of the things I miss about camp was when it would storm at night. We slept in these:

minus the clear plastic between the walls and the roof (I actually slept in the one to the far left that you can barely see). As long as the rain wasn't going sideways - which it does sometimes in Florida - I loved lying in bed at night listening to it rain. We were so far out in the middle of nowhere that you couldn't hear cars on even the most silent night - you would hear crickets and owls and creatures rustling about...and you could see every star in the sky because there weren't any lights.

Anyhow...as long as we didn't have to go out IN it, which we did quite often, I loved them
          Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

*GEEK ALERT*

If the wind is blowing towards the storm and there is no sound of thunder, run as fast as you can it means the War of the Worlds is coming and not even Tom Cruise is safe. lol

*END OF GEEK ALERT*

Comment

It looks like we have that tropical wave finally going though today - lots of tstorms, rain, wind.

It'll be a great day to stay inside and watch TV / movies.

I'm glad I got all of my "outside" work done last week!
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
              X