This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Bath Fever

So, I have to give the furbabies a bath this weekend.

The battle of the fleas have moved to my parents house too, and they declared if the cats are coming over, which they have to because I'm bombing the house, they have to be dipped.

So, everyone, keep your fingers crossed for me on Friday night, and pity me my battle wounds.

Also, suggestions on how to make it easier on the three of us?
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Benadryl or dramamine.

Something to mellow them out.

Dosage depend son the size of the cat.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Can the vet give them a sedative?
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

With my two the problem is keeping them out of the bath. If you have a shower Alfie cries unless he can sit in the the tub next to you.

Bertie likes to jump in the bath when you get out and walk through with his head tilted back so just his nose sticks out. Then he gets out when you pull the plug out.

Our last two hated it and all that worked was making sure we wore oven gloves to prevent injury when it came to dunking them.
        Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
          With my two the problem is keeping them out of the bath. If you have a shower Alfie cries unless he can sit in the the tub next to you.

Bertie likes to jump in the bath when you get out and walk through with his head tilted back so just his nose sticks out. Then he gets out when you pull the plug out.

Our last two hated it and all that worked was making sure we wore oven gloves to prevent injury when it came to dunking them.

That's awesome
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

That might help......maybe.

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I have seevere allergies to anything cute and fluffy. So when I have them they do get washed frequently.

My recommendations. Hold the scruff of their neck with one hand lightly. It makes them not want to move as much. just a little pressure will do. You dont need to even pinch it up just the feel of your fingers works.

NEVER get their face or ears wet. It makes them go crazy. They usually take it somewhat well if you never do that.
              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

After the bath is over, give them extra treats and noms and catnip, to assuage their insulted egos. And use neosporin, if you get bit/scratched .

Cutenoob
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Umm, this guide maybe?
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                    Awww, mannn, I was gonna say that!

All I have to add is, Good luck!
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

petsmart has the answer

It's a little pricey,but PetsMart has a liquid called Cat Calm....yeah it's mostly alcohol, but it works. I had move 22 hrs with 9 cats (yes, I'm insane)(there were also dogs and fish involved in this move) this and the calming spray made it bearable.

Don't bother with trying to put it in food or water, too diluted. Put it in an eyedropper and shoot it down their throat. Lots less drama.

good luck!
                      Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

I'd just get some Advantage or similar from the Vet- that stuff is awesome. The knockoffs at the store, not so much. You just put it under the fur between the animal's shoulder blades. They never know you've done anything other than pet them. You just need to remember to reapply every... 3 months or is it 6?

Of course, if the problem is bad you need to go ahead and treat your carpet and such as well the first time.
                        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                        HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                          They never know you've done anything other than pet them.
                          Oh, they know.

They KNOW.

Ow.
                          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

TA, the cats are obviously channeling Ted Nugent: "You Talk Sunshine, I Breathe Fire"
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post

My recommendations. Hold the scruff of their neck with one hand lightly. It makes them not want to move as much. just a little pressure will do. You dont need to even pinch it up just the feel of your fingers works.

NEVER get their face or ears wet. It makes them go crazy. They usually take it somewhat well if you never do that.

I second this advice. However... if your cat is particularly against baths ((one of my cats would try and run backwards up my arm even if I scuffed her, to get out of the tub)) I would recommend a pillow case...preferably one you never need again... the advantages of this are
                              1: cat cannot injure itself with senseless struggles as it is confined with in the pillow case.
                              2: soap still makes its way to the kitty's fur, and the case provides a nice added friction to help you scrub.
                              3: your limbs are much more protected than with out said case, the scratch ratio goes down from 5/5 to 1/5 ((not promising no scratches...after all once you get to the belly all bets are off.
                              and 4: It looks funny as hell ^_^

steps are Insert cat into pillow case...I find scuffing them and lowering them into it works best... making sure that their heads are still out of pillowcase, take kitty's collar and put it on, so pillow case is tucked under the collar and kitty will have a hard time getting out of it ((if needed you can tie a small knot in the pillow case on one side not too tight but it will prevent escape. )) and then proceed with bathing.

It is a method I have seen my family use on all their cats for years, and while the cat is very disgruntled afterward... you are considerably less hamburger than you would other wise be.
                              "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                              -Red

Comment

Working...
                              X