This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NightAngel View Post
    I'd just get some Advantage or similar from the Vet- that stuff is awesome. The knockoffs at the store, not so much. You just put it under the fur between the animal's shoulder blades. They never know you've done anything other than pet them. You just need to remember to reapply every... 3 months or is it 6?

Of course, if the problem is bad you need to go ahead and treat your carpet and such as well the first time.
    As far as the carpets go, my vet recommends to use the Advantage and then in a day or so hold a party , the vibrations of footsteps on the carpets will wake all dormant fleas and those which don't leave with the guests will jump on the cats and die. Goodbye fleas .
    Oh, and every four to six weeks in summer for outdoor cats (Advantage, not party).

Comment

At point, I couldn't pay people to enter my house!
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Ah, well- I'm new to cats and my pets are always indoor pets. My cat has NEVER liked grass- her little feets are highly offended by the mere notion they should tread upon that nasty stuff!

Evil grass- pave the world! (J/K!!!)
        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
        HellGate: London

Comment

An inexpensive way to kill off fleas in a house is to turn the temperature up to 108 degrees for a few hours. It's even more effective than most methods exterminators use.

Comment

I really hope you don't have an infestation like I did when I moved into my current place. The damn fleas were in the concrete floor in the basement. Bombing repeatedly did not work. Borax did not work. What did, well I bought the outdoor version of Ortho pest killer, soaked the basement, and left the house for 2 weeks.

That pair of cats took baths reasonably well. They just cried, and gave me looks like "What did I do to deserve THIS!?!"

The cats I had to battle, from them I second or third, or whatever the grab 'em by the scruff. For some cats, a small window screen in the bottom of the tub can help. They get their claws stuck, and at least have one or two paws pinned. Downside of this, well you have to help them get unstuck, and are now at ground zero for the claws. I still have a small scar in the hollow of my throat where one of 'em got me.

Comment

Working...
            X