Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hit 100K on my 2004 Elantra. She's a good car, she has served me well.
    I was hoping to see the exact second she turned over, but some douchewaffle was behind me with rather bright headlights. I caught it a second after.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

I hit 140k kms (87.5k miles) on my Toyota Avalon the other day. Always nice to see a big milestone go by trouble free.

Oh - and my Avalon is a '95. They are good cars - you'll have many miles ahead with just the basic maintenance.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Yah, she's due for a tune up, a wash, and all sorts of treats
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

and i thought this thread was about how you just got $100k....
        To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
        my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
          and i thought this thread was about how you just got $100k....
          Dear Bast I wish....

Comment

Congrats! 100001 is pretty great to see too

I got a photo of my friend's car with 77.777 miles. We waited for months for it to turn. It was terribly exciting
            !
            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Oh!!! Now I can't wat for 101,010. Or something cool in binary

Comment

Wow! I have an '02 Elantra and I'm not even quite at 70,000!
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Have to get a picture of 123456.7 on the odo.

B
                  "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                  I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                    I just hit 100K on my 2004 Elantra. She's a good car, she has served me well.

I absolutely love Hyundai! I am on my third and can't see myself ever getting anything else. My first was a 2005 Elantra GT. I traded her in for a 2007 Sonata after I got my promotion (I wanted something a little bigger as I am not a tall person but have very long legs and was cramped in the Elantra). After about a year of owning the Sonata I found a used Azera with less than 13,000 miles on it with all the bells and whistles and everything for a good $15,000 less than the new one would have run me. Hyundai's full warranty transferred over with the car so I got a practically brand new Azera with everything for a killer deal. That dealership loves me. 3 cars in about 5 years.

The Genesis is next but not for a while. I need to be responsible with my money. I just couldn't pass up the Azera

Comment

In May 1998 I bought my 1989 Chevy Blazer with over 70,000 miles on it. It did everything I ever asked of it, and got me around the country...twice. (Two separate tours of over six months each with a six month intermission in the years of 1998 and 1999). I had it for 7.5 years and finally traded it in in December 2005....

...for my 2000 Chevy Blazer. It currently has over 110,000 miles on it, and has done pretty much everything I've ever asked of it, including a road trip to Ohio and back in the summer of 2006, among other road trips within Florida.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

About 15 years ago, I was heading home on the freeway in my cute little Nissan that we'd bought used for about $800. Got to pull over on the freeway and take a pic of the odometer when it flipped over to 200,000!!! Car continued to run even after I totaled it hitting a 90 pound deer. New hood, new grill and it was good to go.

Comment

That funny thing is, my lil Elantra has never left the Northeast......most of my miles are going to work (around 50 miles around trip)

She needs a road trip soon

Comment

Heh, my 00 Tacoma has just under 140k on it and it still runs great, although I'm thinking of trading it in on a car that gets better gas mileage.

I used to have an old Datsun B210. My BF and I were driving up into the mountains for a day hike and the Odometer rolled over to all zero's again. I had to pull over and stop for a few. It was kinda cool.

Eric the Grey
                            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
                              Car continued to run even after I totaled it hitting a 90 pound deer. New hood, new grill and it was good to go.
                              Apparently you have a different concept of "totaled" than I do. Because to me, "totaled" means totally wrecked, done, dead, Andrew McCarthy's acting career....you know, OVER.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X