Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Totaled" by the insurance company. Basically, they said it would cost more to replace all the things damaged than the car was worth. It was an older car, probably not worth more than $500 or so but I was just lucky enough to have had comprehensive coverage at the time of the accident so they had to pay me a "totaled" claim. There were several minor things that we didn't bother replacing that didn't have to be that the insurance company I'm sure figured into the cost of a potential repair.

BTW, it's truly amazing at what 90 pounds can do to a car traveling 55 mph!

Comment

I'm approaching 210,000 km on my ('96) Elantra. One thing to watch out for on older Hyundais - the rear jack points tend to rust out from the inside (look OK, but when you go to change a tire, the jack goes right through) - can be dangerous if it holds for a little while and then lets go.

BTW, I doubt if anyone will beat the mileage on my other vehicle - hit 1,000,000 km a couple months back (bought it at slightly under 600,000 km), and it's an '04. Sure wish its fuel economy was in the same ballpark as my Elantra - but then again, nothing in the Hyundai product line has as much towing capacity as it does.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie
        hit 1,000,000 km a couple months back
        1,000,000km = 621,371mi

you must take care of your car

highest i've seen is just over 500,000mi on a Mercedes (it wasn't mine, I just changed the oil in my old job)
        To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
        my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

I have 125k on my '01 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I love love love my truck, but I have to get rid of it since I can't fit 4 kids in it. Baby is due in Nov and one of the three I have now is still in a car seat.

Comment

My first post 100K miles problem Rear tire's valve snapped almost off....and my front tire needs replacing....*sigh*...we waited almost an hour for AAA, (the tire was stuck on) Thankfully, some really nice guy (from a dealership,....didnt get to write down which one) helped us before AAA showed.

Working from home tomorrow to get tire fixed/new tire. Was thinking of taking a day off and getting a tune up, but cant be sure of getting an appointment...*sigh*
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
            X