This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Garnish

When I go out to eat and there's garnish on the plate, I like to eat it. Is there anyone else on here that does the same thing?
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Sure! Local high end place always has pineapple slices for some reason, but they are delish. I've even been known to eat the little sprig of parsley once in a while; it's refreshing. Why? Someone giving you a hard time about it?

Comment

Depends on what the garnish is, for me. Tiny leafy thing a la parsley? Probably not. Anything else? I'll give it a nibble!
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Often time the garnish is meant as a palette cleaner between meals, so I treat it as such.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Parsley? no.

Everything else? yes!
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I like paisley parsley by and for itself.

But then my mother fed us stuff like:
            Thistle flower buds
            Scrapple
            Liver
            Beef tongue
            Buttermilk pie
            Real mincemeat (not the mock the stores sell)
            Yorkshire pudding...

I wanna go home!
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

What's wrong with Yorkshire pudding? Sure, Yorkshire Puds with nothing, not even Gravy, is a bit strange but still

Mind you, I prefer it's erstwhile relative the Black Pudding (Not really related but hey, they're both called puddings and are popular/originated fairly close to one another)
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Depending on the garnish, I will eat it. I have even been known to eat a carnation that was used as garnish on a plate. Yes, carnations are edible. So are roses. (I prefer carnations, tastewise.)

What can I say? I'll try anything!

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Liver
                Beef tongue
                Love 'em both!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

It's odd, I didn't used to like Liver, then all of a sudden I started to love it (Liver & Onions Mmm) Hell, if it's edible, unless it's a cooked Egg, I'm up for giving it a go, I've had sheep brains (I got a bit woolly minded after that one) I've had tongue, Testes, even went so far as to have (raw) eyeballs (sheep and fish)
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

My Papo (my mom's dad) used to eat the parsley that was left on the plates (he'd even eat mine when I'd go out to eat with him).

At certain restaurants during breakfast, I might get cantaloupe as a garnish, and I'll definintely eat that, but as a general rule, I don't eat the garnish.

Comment

The only garnish I won't touch is the curly orange peel thing.

I will always eat the parsley at the end of the meal.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Back in the old days- before Certs and breath mints in general- Parsley was chewed to freshen the breath after a meal.

And now you know why there are garnishes.
                        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                        HellGate: London

Comment

Memory tells me that parsley can be chewed to get rid of the smell of garlic on the breath of someone who just consumed it.

No idea if this is an old-wive's tale or not, and since I'm about to hit bed then I can't be bothered to hit the Googlenet.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                          X