This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm freaking out.

Today as my wife went to work, I noticed some papers that had fallen out of the door. I look them over and.....they're a petition for eviction.

Christ.....

I have had some issues paying my rent, but we've always worked with our landlord. It's set for this Friday, but I don't start work until next week. We're trying to pay every time we can, and planned on paying for the majority of this on Friday. I called the lawyer's office, but he's out of town. I've called my housing offcie, but no one is there. My adrenaline is spiking badly. I don't know what the hell to do.....
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Line up a friend with a pickup truck. Check around for places to move. Make sure that, if you're tossed out, it's as painless as possible.

Comment

This is interesting. My office had NO IDEA this was happening. Apparently, this was the larger community's doing. I spoke to them and the lawyer's office again. As long as I pay the remainder, everything gets dropped and my wife and I don't get evicted. The hands clenching my insides have released slightly.

Comment

Yikes! Glad things worked out for you. As you well know by the fleet of U-Hauls that have been passing through town over the past few weeks, now is not the time to be looking for a new apartment.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

No joke. With the students back, no housing is going to be available.

Comment

Working...
          X