This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUMP

Any Info on the fantasy football league?...I'm itching to improve on my performance

Ignore my idiocy and whatnot...Jester has bigger things to deal with (sits back and waits)
    Last edited by SteverinoNY; 08-28-2009, 10:40 PM. Reason: DUH
    Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

It's a fair question, Steve.

But yes, I was rather distracted this week, traveling up to north Florida for a funeral, as some of you may know.

I have sent out PMs to those who signed up, proposing possible draft days. I had wanted to do it this Sunday night (tomorrow), but that may not be feasible for everyone with such short notice.

If we can't get that going, I am looking to Thursday night or Friday night.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Okay, folks, after much wringing of hands and pulling of hair, I think I have settled on a draft time of 10:30 pm, this Wednesday night, September 2.

This gives everyone enough time to set up their account and to rank their players for autodraft if they are not going to be able to be there.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Right now we have eight teams in the league. We had 12 people who had said they wanted in.

If those other four do not get in touch with me before I go to work in the morning (I'll be leaving at about 9:20 am ET), unless I have a chance to hit a computer between my two jobs (unlikely, but possible), the league will be an eight-team league, as the draft is tomorrow night.

Those who expressed interest to me, get me your email address pronto. Anyone else who wants in, PM with your email address, and look for an invite to the league. The first two or four people (the league has to be an even number) I hear from WILL be in the league.

That is all.

Commissioner Jester

Still A Customer."

Comment

For those of you in the league and gearing up for the draft, to enter the draft room, when you are in the main league page, you will see right at the top the following:

Customers Suck! FFL

League Notes

Click on the link to enter the live draft, otherwise you will be autopicking according to preset yahoo rankings of players, or, if you ranked players yourself, according to your rankings and what is available.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Also remember to make sure you are not set for autopicking if you are actually in the live draft room.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Sorry I missed out jester I totally forgot, so i created a team and joined a public league hope I do good there.

Comment

It was kind of sad in the sense that 3 of the CSers that expressed interest in the league never showed up.

In the end, we got a 10 team league together, with five CSers, myself, friends of mine, three from New Orleans and one from Los Angeles.

I was happy with my draft, other than picking a kicker who is suspended for the first four games, but that is an easy correction.

Still A Customer."

Comment

My team's not half bad. CPU did a decent job picking for me. McNabb is an excellent QB with plenty of good receivers around him. Reggie Wayne will still get tons of points with Manning. Little shakey at the RB position, but we'll see. Ronnie Brown isn't a bad backup option.
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I've got all great players.. looks like it will be a great year for everyone!

Comment

Sand, it can't be a great year for EVERYONE. Only four teams will make the playoffs. Only one team will win a ring.

At least six people are going to be disappointed.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Sand, it can't be a great year for EVERYONE. Only four teams will make the playoffs. Only one team will win a ring.

At least six people are going to be disappointed.
                          Should I tell everyone it's a ring out of a CrackerJack box?

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                            Should I tell everyone it's a ring out of a CrackerJack box?
                            It's not even that. There is no actual ring.

That being said, anyone who has been playing fantasy football for any length of time knows they want that non-existent ring, and they want that non-existent ring badly.

I have won four non-existent rings, and every single one of them rocked. And I am very hungry for my fifth non-existent ring, thank you very much.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm sorry I missed it as we had our internet cut off.

Comment

Hey Jester... which team are you?

The Super Bowl teams are set!!

Sandman's Sleepers (10-4) vs. The Aints (8-6)

Sandman's Sleepers are projected to run away with the game... let's all root for your favorite of the two teams!!

Comment

Working...
                                X