This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I celebrated my Wedding Anniversary

Mr. Rum and I have been married for 7 years today! (August 17)

For Christmas last year, Mr. Rum gave me a gift certificate from a local day spa and salon. It had a one year use date.

I went today to use the gift certificate.

I got a back/neck/shoulder massage. I could go once a month and get it done. I loved it!

I also got a manicure and pedicure. I love getting those done too. (I'm horrible at painting my own nails).

I'm adding a picture of my nails. They're electric hot blue!

My mom, dad, & husband all said the same thing: "The color is you Rummy".

Hmmm ... what does that mean?
    Attached Files

Lovely!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Hey! Today is mine and hub's 8th wedding anniversary!
      Congrats!
      What a great day!!
      "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
      "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

HAHAHA! Yeah, congrats to you too.

I really love the blue color. Child Rum does too.

I might lime green next time though.

Comment

Hehe, my toenails are still (light) blue from like 3 weeks ago.

Happy anniversary!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Happy anniversary! Your nails look great! I'm so glad you were able to have some time to yourself. I've read a lot of your stories about Child Rum and Mr. Rum and you definitely need to take time once in a while to take care of yourself. Way to go!

Comment

It's my third year weding anniversary tomorrow. He's taking me out for dinner.

I treated him to a massage a few weeks ago, while we were on vacation. Of course, I also treated myself to a massage. And a pedicure. And manicure. And facial. I guess the whole day was more of a gift for me.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

grats Mrs. Rummy!!!!

Hope you two stay married as long as my parents ^_^ a whopping 34 years! (35 in February)
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Almost had to go to the emergency room last night ....

We had bought, at Costco a huuuuuge chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing and it's filled with chocolate mousse (I love chocolate in case anyone didn't figure it out ).

I was searching for a bag of things I had set aside for my mom. I remembered it was on the bottom step of the steps going to the 3rd floor of our townhouse and so I proceeded in that direction.

I tripped over Mr. Rum's 14 EEEE shoes. I fell down ... HARD. My dad (who is 62-years-old) helped me up. My left knee is banged up and bruised. My left foot hurts. (When I'm not on it, it's fine, but as soon as I hobble around - even if it's just to the potty - it starts to really ache and bother me). The last 3 toes of my left foot (the little and the two right before it) hurt if people just look at them. I have a huge bruise on my elbow. Fortunately I didn't knock myself out when I went down.

Last night I slept with pillows under my foot/knee, and it was fine. Today I took a short nap, thought I wouldn't need the pillow and now my foot hurts worse! Like it did last night. I'm going to have to take it easy for a few days.

What a way to end my Wedding Anniversay Day.

And this story goes to show why my mother didn't call me Grace.

Comment

Now your fingers will match your knee

Blue!

Why not a hot hot pink, just for the heck of it?

Cutenoob
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                      And this story goes to show why my mother didn't call me Grace. [/COLOR]
                      she didn't call you grace she called you something better....Rummy (yes I know thats not your real name...if it is....) and it explains SOOOOOOOOOO much about your dex checks....you live in a permanate state of drunkeness...

it explains too why you put up with mr. rum
                      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Horray for getting pampered and celebrating your anniversary!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                        X