This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mircea12345 View Post
    I drove a Geo Metro, and it was awesome on mileage (46 MPG) but it was truley just a hairdryer in a hard candy shell.
    I borrowed a Ford Festiva once...and it was pretty much like that. Good mileage, but its handling left a bit to be desired. I hit a pothole while driving home...which nearly tossed the car into the next lane Needless to say, I didn't buy one of those! I found a low-mileage Tercel not much later. Drove that for several years, and usually got around 40-45 MPG. But once, I somehow got *50.* Once, and only once

Not all small sedans are built like tin cans. My Tercel wasn't. Neither was the Mazda, or even the Corolla I drive now. Of course, none of those are considered "subcompacts" either. Those are way too small--most handle pretty poorly because of the light weight. Plus, if you get hit... you're gonna get fucked up
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      The question is, would I be required to get something like that? Or would I have more options? I know the government is doing this partly to help consumers get more efficient vehicles, but is that a potential benefit or a required part of the deal?

Because I just got back from picking up the Jestermobile, and she is running beautifully, there is nothing wrong with her, and I couldn't be happier.
      All I know is that the vehicle that you buy needs to get better fuel mileage than the vehicle you're trading in. And it's up to $4500, not a guarantee. Then what they'd do with your Jestermobile is destroy it, leaving it useless for someone who either A) could use good used parts or B) needs a reliable used car.

(against cash for clunkers, because I truly do care about the economy and environment.)
      When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Working...
      X