X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel old now...

....and I'm only 21!!!

I went to the movies to go see District 9 (Awesome movie btw) which is rated R. Now I look young, like really young. Like when I tell people I'm 21 they stand back in shock and tell me they thought I was still in High School. So anywho I get the tickets and then it hits me. They didn't card me for an R rated movie! Me! The guy who gets customers asking if I'm ready for high school graduation. And there was 3 people in that ticket booth, and none questioned my age.

I'm not sure if I should rant about how I would hate to work with idiots like this, but I'm too busy that I didn't get carded for something. It's all down hill from here!

There, there, there! *pats SG15Z on the head*

It'll be okay.

On the bright side, I have lots of grey hair, and I still get people thinking I'm at least 10-15 years younger than I am.

However, these people who think I'm younger, aren't the ones who do the carding for bars, grocery stores, movie theaters, etc. I'm never carded then.

I know what to do ...

Let's have some Rum and commisserate with each other.

Comment

Yay Rum!

Comment

It's not that bad when people think you're young. A few months ago the lady at the car rental place thought I was 16 and I had just turned 23. I was told to think of it as a compliment. Usually people think I'm older or around my actual age.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
          It's not that bad when people think you're young. ---<SNIP> ---- I was told to think of it as a compliment.
          I'm 25 and a lot of people think I'm younger than that. One co-worker thought I was about 19 or 20 and she was floored when I told her how old I was! It's a good thing and it does have it's advantages.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I've never been carded for an R rated movie...and I was still paying kids prices at 15!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

If you're old, that makes me middle aged, moving towards decrepit.... >.>

Don't worry, you'll have lots of opportunities to be carded in the future! Like BE, I've never been carded for an R rated movie either, though...

Comment

I haven't been carded in at least a month and a half for alcohol. Still 21...
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

When I started at my current workplace a few people guessed how old I was and the option was I was around 19-20, I had just turned 29!
                  As soon as I start thinking
                  That I'm sensible and sane
                  The Random Hedgehog comes along
                  And fiddles with my Brain
                  (from card I got)

Comment

Back in my day, they used to card everyone who looked a certain age for R rated movies (like Jackass). Nowadays, I swear, 12 year olds are getting into R rated movies.

It pisses me off to no end.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've looked pretty much the same since I was about 15. Minus the grey hair, of course
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                        I've looked pretty much the same since I was about 15. Minus the grey hair, of course
                        You're old enough to have grey hair? I thought you were 26, tops.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Last time I got carded was 12 years ago - on my 30th birthday.

I still fit in clothes I bought 20 years ago (at least it's cheap every other decade to stay "in style")

And to top it off - You know you are old when....

B
                          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            You're old enough to have grey hair? I thought you were 26, tops.
                            Some of us have bad genes in that respect.
                            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I remember the first time I felt old. I was 20 and a camp counselor in charge of kids ages 8-10. One morning at breakfast I mentioned Star Wars (the original 3 films) and my kids asked, "what's Star Wars?"

I nearly choked on my corn flakes. What's Star Wars??? How can you ask such a question??? I launched into a lengthy description, but all I got in response were blank stares. Strike One.

Another time, I pulled out my camera to take a picture of some camp activity we were doing. It was a Kodak Disk camera, which was once the hip new technology. My kids asked, 'What's that?" I told them it was a camera, and they said, "No it's not. What is it? A CD player?" Strike Two.

For those of you trying to do the math in your head, this was back in 1992. I am now 37, and "my kids" are now in their mid-20s, old enough to drink, smoke, and be sexually active.

Strike three. I am now officially old.

Comment

Working...
                              X