This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suvived my first week...

So I survived my first week at culinary school. First day was typical first day stuff. Got the rest of our uniforms (we got one set at orientation then they had to order the rest for the first day, which are included in tuition), got our books (which are also included in tuition). Got our tool kits the 2nd day, which includes knives and a bunch of tools we will be using, all in a neat little case, about the size of a trumpet case.

Got to start practicing knife cuts 2nd day. 3 people injured themselves before we started, lol!

Other news: I got a new job as host at a mid-level Italian restaurant about halfway between school and home. A bit out of the way eastward but this place will give me lots of hours and a working knowledge of the restautant industry and there is talk of me doing my externship (required to graduate) there too. The executive Chef is actually from Sicily, Italy, so this should prove to be a wonderful learning opportunity.
    "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

That's awesome. I have looked seriously at Culinary School myself for some time. There is one Le Cordon Bleu school right here in Orlando and another one in San Francisco (the one I want to attend). Unfortunately my financial situation is such that getting student loans is near impossible (I also got the "no" from Sallie Mae for flight school)

Not a big deal though, I am planning to move to Atlanta next April when my lease here is up and go to a professional wrestling school there.

Good luck and keep your eyes on the prize!

Comment

Working...
    X