This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a bad judge of height.

So recently I was reading an interview with one of my favourite models (Bianca Beauchamp, mostly a fetish model so be warned, any google searches of the name will probably be NSFW)

Anyway, In her interview it mentioned her height, and dayum, she's way shorter than I thought, I had estimated that she's at least my height (5' 7") but no, She's way shorter at 5' 2" top of her head would only come up to the level of my eyes, hell, my arms, spread out, tip to tip, are 2 inches longer than she is tall.

I guess Tv/Pictures/Media) really does make you seem taller than you actually are
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

I thought Tricia Helfer (6 from Battlestar Galactica) must be very tall because she was a model; then my husband saw her at GenCon and said she is no taller than me (5"4). I guess the guy who plays Balthar is so short she just looks really tall next to him!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Lol, like the camera adds 10 pounds, it also seems to add a few inches of height!

Comment

Quoth Mel View Post
        it also seems to add a few inches of height!
        Yep. Low angles, half-apple crates, all kinds of fun tricks to add a few inches.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
          I guess Tv/Pictures/Media) really does make you seem taller than you actually are
          Many years ago I had the pleasure of meeting one of my favorite female movie stars, doing magic for her, and even dancing with her. And while I had figured her to be about my height 5'8"), in person she was closer to 5'2"...or less. (I didn't exactly get out the measuring tape.) Also, many actors (and even athletes) give inflated numbers for their dimensions. Charles Barkley, for example, freely admitted that he was 6'4", yet he was always listed at 6'6". And it is common knowledge that Tom Cruise and Sylvester Stallone are rather short (I believe even shorter than me). Remember, Drago looked huge in that Rocky movie....but when you're 6'4" and standing next to someone as short as Sly, you look that much bigger!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Y'all are making me feel like an Amazon. I'm 5'9. My poor dad. Last time he saw me, I was barely taller than him. At graduation, he said "Now look here little missy", while looking and pointing up. Hell,I'm taller than both my parents and my grandma.
            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

McG, at 5'8", I'm the tall one in my family. The amusing part is my "big sister" is all of 5'0", and I tower over her. And she still calls me her "little brother."

At least when I refer to my little sister, I am accurate....she's 4'11".

Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm 5'10", my two brothers are 6'2" and 5'7". The shorter one refers to himself as my "Little brother", but he's 17 years older than I am.

I took my girls home a few weeks ago and my cousin L, who is 5'11" was at our aunt's house for a get together. When I brought my oldest, S, over to see her since she didn't remember L, S looked at L for a minute and said "I think you're the only one in the family taller than my mom". I had to correct her that L was the only girl taller than me, but L and I laughed about that one for a little bit.

Comment

My mom and I have the same first name (well, it's her middle name but she goes by it), and I am still "Little A-----" and she is "Big A-----"...and I'm 3 inches taller than her.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    I am still "Little A-----" and she is "Big A-----"...and I'm 3 inches taller than her.
                    In the Oakland Raiders organization, Al Davis is the owner, and is referred to as Big Al. One of his main assistants is Al LoCosale (I think I have the name right), and he is known as Little Al. But the designations are from their position within the organization, as Davis is a man of small stature, and LoCosale is rather larger.

Still A Customer."

Comment

At just around 5'10", I'm the smallest person in my family. My mother and one of my brothers are 5'11", two of my brothers and my sister are above 6'.
                      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                      X