X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching Tipping

Sigh...

I love my coworkers, but sometimes they just don't think. We love to eat at this Vietnamese pho place just down the street. The food is pretty cheap ($6 for a good bowl of pho), so they usually leave a buck each for tip. I usually leave several bucks, and more when I'm eating by myself.

Today, one of them kept trying to tell me I was tipping too much, and I had to explain to her why it's good idea to tip big in a restaurant where you eat at least once a week. She'd never realized that waitstaff can remember who tips well and who doesn't, especially in a small restaurant!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Phö is great - I love going to my store in North Palm Beach - it's a good excuse to go there and it is pretty cheap - $6-$8 for a HUGE BOWL.

But yes, small places where you're a regular it's always good to tip a little extra - you know in the end you'll come out with more consistent and better service.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

You know, nobody's ever tried to tell me I was "tipping too much." I'm not sure how I would react to that. That's just way beyond tacky.

Comment

Working...
      X