Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seshat, do you have the number/location for the adelaide clinic?

and I went and saw the doc this morning to check the results of the test. Turns out that I have some protein in my pee, which is a bit worrying, but he did diagnose that there was a UTI there-but it was a complex one .

So I've been put on some antibiotics for it and I still have that ultrasound to do. Can anyone give me some tips on how to hold a litre of water in your bladder for an hour?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

and a quick bumping for an update.

I went to the ultrasound. Had a LOT of trouble holding my pee, so they got me in ASAP. First half was the general checking of bladder, uterus and ovaries. She then let me pee and I wound up doing the other half, which was to check what was left in my bladder and to check my kidneys.

Got the results a day or two later. It came back negative for anything serious so no cancer, I'm not pregnant, no kidney infections etc. (the pregnancy one was a huge relief)
      What was concerning was that I wasn't QUITE emptying my bladder completely. Turns out that my bladder was full at 350ml and that there was 150ml after I went to the loo.
      I finished the antibiotics yesterday and I have a followup appointment next Tuesday to see how I go.

Comment

So your bladder isn't fully emptying? Could it be tipped to one side or another?

Comment

I'll ask on Tuesday. He only got a report at the time for me to look at. Hopefully he'll have the images for me. if not, then I might head in and pick them up.

Comment

I had similar symptoms in various bouts with Pancreatitis.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
            X