This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
    The reason they complain? The money the In-Laws are using are supposed to be for the brothers! It's their inheritance! Their parents can't use up their inheritance!
    Every time my mum and dad spend some money on something expensive or have some essential repairs done that cost a lot, they say to me, "We spending your inheritance again."

Truthfully I just hope it will be a long, long time before I get any.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

My mom has started to put our (mine & my sister's) names on certain items that we've given her (to return them to her) or that she knows we want. She started doing this right after her mother died. I think it's a little morbid, but if it makes her happy ... heh ... then I don't care.

This way, my sister and I (shouldn't) be arguing about who gets what after our parents die.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
        Every time my mum and dad spend some money on something expensive or have some essential repairs done that cost a lot, they say to me, "We spending your inheritance again."

Truthfully I just hope it will be a long, long time before I get any.
        I'd be upset every time they say this and there's no pie. What kind of people don't spend your inheritance on pie?
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Pie! What kind of pie? Pizza Pie? Pecan Pie? Apple Pie?

Now I'm hungry for pie.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
            Now I'm hungry for pie.
            Me too!

"Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              All too often, people see an inheritance as a "right" instead of a "privilege." That is, just because your father/mother/grandmother is wealthy, they don't *have* to leave you jack shit. They could leave you a penny, and give their entire estate to charity I've always seen it as "if I get something nice, fine. If I don't, it's not the end of the world."
              Or a Boot to the head.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post

THAT VIDEO IS HYSTERICAL. You just inspired me to suggest some changes to my own will I'll pass that suggestion to my wife and in-laws.
                OTOH, remind me to wear a helmet if I'm mentioned in anyone's will.
                Last edited by taxguykarl; 09-14-2009, 04:04 PM.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

If I didn't think it would upset Lil Sis and Mom, I would SO leave my older sister, The Witch, a boot to the head.

Bonus points to any moderators who can find a boot to the head smiley AND make it part of our smiley library. As so many people we discuss on these boards deserve a good boot to the head!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    If I didn't think it would upset Lil Sis and Mom, I would SO leave my older sister, The Witch, a boot to the head.

Bonus points to any moderators who can find a boot to the head smiley AND make it part of our smiley library. As so many people we discuss on these boards deserve a good boot to the head!

Not a smiley, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Y6231uAmo
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      First Calulu- NICE!
                      Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      Full disclosure: I am my mother's executor (she's a widow--my dad died in '01) and the will says 50-50 with my sister after expenses liquidating the estate. My wife and BIL are co-executors for their mother--Mrs. TGK's flaky niece (BIL's daughter) has been demanding (yes, demanding) that MIL leave her the house. Why? I can't say--her drama deserves its own thread.
                      Second- you cant say something like that and not deliver the thread!!!
                      Quoth Jester View Post
                      Not, mind you, that I intend on checking out anytime soon. But then, most people don't exactly PLAN on that.
                      Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      ...her drama deserves its own thread.
                      Well, then....thread away! We LOVE drama around here!
                      Here you go:
                      The saga of our Flaky Niece (long--couldn't be helped)

Enjoy.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                      X