X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick rant

I have a migrane.

Its one of those raging migranes that the light makes my head throb. I have to be up in like six hours and every time I put my head down on the pillow, the pain gets worse.

I don't know what to do to make the pain go away without putting myself into a coma and missing work.

Someone make it stop.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Wish I could. Maybe take some asprin?

If I was near, I'd give you some super duper pain goaway now medicen I take for my back sometimes.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I already took four aspirin, which I know is bad to do all at once.

Maybe its stress? I don't know. I've found myself having migraines a lot lately.. and I wake up with my jaw sore from where I clench my teeth at night. Its a new development in my life and I don't know how to deal with it.

I tried doing some tea compresses. Didn't work, but did WONDERS for those dark circles. lol
      "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Migraines are caused by stress, light flashes, foods (choc, wine cheese) and sometimes Aliens.

Get to a doc asap and get Imitrex. It's a triptan relative, and it is great for stopping my migraines.

You can also use this checklist: when was last food? when was last water? when was last caffeine? Dark dark room, cover eyes to be no light, meditate to relax shoulders/neck and release all tension.

good luck

cutenoob
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

You do know how to meditate right?? Just sit down, relax. Try to go in that stage where your half-sleeping, but still awake.

Does wonders sometimes, but its a pain in the ass to do when you have a raging headache.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Moh.. I feel like I've been in and out of hospitals for the last three months. I feel like I should hold off until I get caught up on medical bills but... now that I think about it, that's part of the reason I ended up in the freakin' ER a few months ago.

Demise-chan needs to learn to put herself first more often, dangit. >.>

Alright. checklist: lat food, eight pm.

Water? oooh.. haven't had any yet. I've been piling up on the caffeine and cigarettes lately. I shall have a nice big glass once I'm done here.

Last drink in general: with dinner.

Last cigarette: two and a half hours ago. Migraine had already set.

Okay.. I'll go take a big glass of water and lay in bed and ask hubby for a neck and shoulder massage.. and hopefully... I'll sleep. somewhat.

Comment

Meditation: I'm hopeless. I've tried many times before and the husband has gotten frustrated at me because I can't do it.

I'm the type of person that once I try to chill and relax my mind goes EVERYWHERE. I have a hard time shutting it the hell up. Seriously. I can be seconds from going to sleep and then I'll remember something and start up a conversation with the snoring husband.

Or.. I'll get an earworm. I wake up with earworms. Do you know how frustrating it is to wake up to the same eight bars of 'Girls only wanna have fun'?

Comment

Water is a major factor in helping get rid of that painful headache. I've suffered w/migraines for 26 years and only in the last 3-4 was I given the Imitrex injection. I keep one form of the drug with me at all times, even though I don't have the pain nearly as often as I used to. But, I have noticed within the last couple of years that I can start to "see" the h/a coming on. Immediately, drink a big glass of water or two. A big symptom of dehydration is simply a h/a. That being said, if you are thirsty, you are already starting into dehydration.

Another thing to try (and this works best if there is someone to do it for you) is to pinch the thick meaty area located between the thumb and first finger. Not really pinch, but really deep pressure on that area. The area should be held firmly and constant for a couple of minutes. If done right, it's actually a little painful, but you can almost feel the endorphins release and when the meat is released you can get an overall "released" feeling. You need to close your eyes and just breathe while doing this one. You just have to work on it to get the technique right, but it works for me and lots of times I don't have to take a med by doing this.

Hope you feel better.

Comment

As someone who can't take Imitrex and who had a migraine for four days (from Tuesday morning to yesterday) I can tell you, the doctor gave me this wonderful drug they've never given me before. It's called Fioricet and ohmigod. It didn't make me sleepy at all (though they say it can) and it killed a 4 day migraine in 30 minutes. I felt WONDERFUL after taking it. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                    I wake up with earworms. Do you know how frustrating it is to wake up to the same eight bars of 'Girls only wanna have fun'?
                    Yes, yes I do. Well, maybe not that particular song, but yeah.

I have tinnitus...I read somewhere that people with tinnitus are more prone to getting songs stuck in their heads... I listen to my iPod a lot at work...

I haven't had a true migraine in quite a while, though...<knocks on wood>
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Sometimes, ... and this doesn't always work, ... throwing up can help quite a bit, if it's one of those "ugh, unstable!!" types of headaches that are accompanied by just a sliver of nausea. Every single time I've had one of those types of headaches, throwing up helped immensely. I'm amazed, but it did. It really did help.

Depends on the headache though.
                      SC: "Are you new or something?"
                      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Ugh. Migraines suck. Imitrex works, but usually makes me want to sleep. So, if I have to take a nap, it's in a dark room--the conference room at work, or my bedroom with the shades down. One thing I *don't* do, is take the ibuprofen prescribed with the Imitrex. Sure, it makes the pain go away...but usually makes me want to Not the best thing, if I'm trying to drive home, or can't get to the bathroom in time. Most of the time, if I get a headache, some caffeine is all it takes to kill it, or at least lessen the effects. I don't know how much Mountain Dew I go through in a year...but I'm sure its several thousand gallons
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                        X