This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought for the day

Who owns the copyright to the copyright symbol?

Rapscallion

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    Who owns the copyright to the copyright symbol?

Rapscallion

Good one, Raps!

Here's my thought for the day...

"I was reading about how countless species are being pushed toward extinction by Man's destruction of forests. Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

--From the immortal Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Watterson
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

Seeing the title & your name listed as the last poster made me think of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy on SNL. Got a chuckle out of the thought.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The above thought was brought to you by a short bout of insommnia.

I'm not saying it's original. I'm not saying I've not heard it in the past and that it didn't surface as an alleged original thought. However, I feel .. provoked by this.

Rapscallion

Comment

could it be a trademark?
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I did consider that, and yes it would be a trademark, but, "Who owns the trademark on the copyright symbol," isn't nearly as funny.

So, who owns the trademark on the trademark symbol?

Rapscallion

Comment

According to Yahoo! answers, no one
              http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...3012114AAfhL4l

(sorry, I couldn't resist looking it up)

Jack...I love that Calvin and Hobbes quote!
              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                Seeing the title & your name listed as the last poster made me think of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy on SNL. Got a chuckle out of the thought.
                What's funny about that is, I have a LONG list of some of the better "Deep Thoughts" jokes. I believe I posted the funniest of the lot over in the Favorite Quotes game thread.
                Quoth Cat View Post
                Jack...I love that Calvin and Hobbes quote!
                As do I.

And I posted it because most people only ever quote the second half of it. You almost never see anyone post the whole thing. But the first half of the quote helps you understand the thought process behind the second half.
                "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                --StanFlouride

Comment

I don't know if anyone reads the utterly riveting legal summaries from our wannabe masters in Europe but yesterday the Cort of The First Instance in Luxembourg told Joop! that they couldn't trademark the ! because you can't trademark a punctuation point.
                  Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Another thought strikes. Way back when I was growing out of the more youth-aimed cartoons, one on the scene at the time was Denver the Last Dinosaur. The theme song occasionally strikes me in the form of an earworm, and it baffles me.

"Denver the last dinosaur. He's my friend and a whole lot more."

What more is he? A rather natty example of what an occasional table is the rest of the time?

Any thoughts on this one?

Rapscallion

Comment

A friend with benefits?

Mike
                      Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                        A friend with benefits?

Mike
                        Precisely what I was thinking. But I didn't post it because, hey, we're talking about a CHILDREN'S SHOW, here.
                        --StanFlouride

Comment

This was my thought of the day two days ago....it occurred to me as I was heading to work with a significant hangover:

"The early bird gets the worm. Which means the worm that sleeps in is one smart fucking worm!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

That's bloody fantastic, Jester!

Here's my thought for the day...

"Whatever shall I do today? Oh yes, I know... I think I'll go MAD!"

--Arthur Dent, from the graphic novel adaptation of Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams
                            --StanFlouride

Comment

My Thought For The Day today is in the form of a motivational poster...

The motivational text comes from a button I once saw an employee wearing at the now-defunct (and greatly missed) Tower Records.
                              --StanFlouride

Comment

Working...
                              X