This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkins!!!!

I LOVE all things pumpkin....and now that it is October.....bring on this glorious gourd.

This Sat the boy and will be feasting on pumpkin:
    Breakfast: pumpkin seed rolls with maple-pumpkin butter
    Lunch: pumpkin muffins
    Dinner: pumpkin chowder (with pumpkin kisses are dessert)

Now, I was thinking wine to wash dinner down, but forget that....I think we should get pumpkin beer or pumpkin booze.

And we are doing the Pumpkin Fest in NH!

Now I just need some pumpkin skin care products
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Nothing better than pumpkin in (real) New England - especially this time of year when it gets cold out.

I heard it was a horrible harvest so not much for canned pumpkin.

I miss NH sometimes.

But - I should hit the candle store for some fall candles (apples, pumpkin etc.).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I like pumpkin bread best. Maybe I should get the recipe from the maternal one and make some.
      "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Now I just need some pumpkin skin care products
        It's probably not worth the bother. You're going to eat them anyway, and even if you don't, they only last a couple of weeks so why worry about caring for their skin?
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

STOP TALKING ABOUT PUMPKINS!!! If one person mentions pumpkin pie I'm going to flip out!

Wait? Does that mean I need to flip out now?

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
          It's probably not worth the bother. You're going to eat them anyway, and even if you don't, they only last a couple of weeks so why worry about caring for their skin?
          Nice comeback!!
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post

Maybe I just want to give them some moments of bliss before the slaughter?
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
              And we are doing the Pumpkin Fest in NH!
              Gah! *envy*

Damned busy month, I'm not sure I can get up there till the end, and by then most of the good stuff is over!

Hm...When does Polly's Pancake Parlour stop serving? Columbus Day or Thanksgiving?

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                I LOVE all things pumpkin....and now that it is October.....bring on this glorious gourd.
                Me too! I want to try making Harry Potter-esque pumpkin pasties with fresh pumpkin.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Oh! Pumpkin pasties sound good!

The pumpkin muffins were yummy.....looking forward to the rest of the pumpkin feast

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    I want to try making Harry Potter-esque pumpkin pasties with fresh pumpkin.
                    Just made them, and they came out very tasty. I got 22 pasties and leftover filling (ran out of pastry; yes, I bought the prepackaged kind. I have too small a kitchen and too little time!). I think next time I make them, I'll sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar on top before baking.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth BethB View Post
                      I like pumpkin bread best. Maybe I should get the recipe from the maternal one and make some.
                      Try this one. I make muffins with the recipe every year--just cut the baking time in half.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

OK, I am reporting this thread to the mods since it is being torturous to me!!!

Stop talking about pumpkins!! All I can do here is get a pumpkin scented candle from Yankee (pumkpin and spice - the others are horrible!).
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Draggar..i agree. My stomach is crazy right now reading all these yummy ideas.

I stumbled upon this the other day: http://www.bakerella.com/pumpkin-pie-bites/

They are the cutest. Ill be making them sometime soon.

Comment

I maybe attempting a pumpkin chowder this weekend:
                            can of pumpkin, margarine, veggie broth, nutmeg, black beans, field roast mexican "sausage," sugar, soymilk, and whatever else strikes my fancy :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X