Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't care to hear about other people's sex life every time I'm trying to watch the news
    No, but most people *do* like gossip... even most people who claim not to.
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      I don't understand how the media is all besides themselves bitching about how David Letterman had sex with some of his female staffers. With the economy the way it is, the Afganistan situation, the Iran missile situation & other more important things, this is what they choose to focus on?
      Am I missing something here?
      I think Jesse Ventura hit on that when he talked about how the media has been spoon-feeding us "the dumbing down of America". It's all about ratings. That's why so-called "news" channels like Fox News, CNN and MSNBC will only talk about something actually important and then will ramble on and on and on about Kelly Clarkson's big butt.

Pretty sad when they provided non-stop coverage for a solid freakin' MONTH over the death of Anna Nicole Smith. What's so freakin' great about it??? Some big-breasted blonde bimbo marries a rich guy for his money. THAT garners 24-hour round-the-clock "news" coverage???

That's the "Dumbing Down of America" right there.

Comment

Working...
      X