Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, McG, honey, you are so young...enjoy it!! I personally subscribe to the theory that nobody should get married before 25. Enjoy LIFE!!! Move around, finish school, find a career that you love. Visit a foreign country, fall in love, fall out of love, have at least one fling.

Because, you will (like me) go back to your hometown, and allll those friends who are married...well, they'll still be where they were. Some will be divorced, some will have more kids, some will be miserable...and none of them will have the same opportunities you did. Because you got the hell out. Moving out of my parents' house to go to school 30 minutes away is the second-best thing I ever did. Moving to Kansas City to get my master's is the best. There's a freedom to it. Yes, I worry about my folks sometimes but...they're grown, and I'm not responsible for them.

I know now you might feel a bit homesick, and even I get a bit homesick, especially this time of year. It's been 4 years since I've seen a cotton harvest, and I miss the sight of a pure white field and the smell of cotton dust from the gin. But as time goes by you'll feel much better about it. Promise.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
    X