This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Favorite Movie!!

So, yesterday I went to Borders armed with a 20% off coupon, $10 in Borders bucks and a driving need for a new movie, since I hadn't had one in a while, and felt the need to reward myself for finally hitting the "Lost 35 lbs." mark in my weight loss journey. (Better than going for ice cream, right?)

I ended up gettin Repo! The Genetic Opera

It's delightfully wonderful in a disturbingly twisted kind of way!! Like ME!!

Just had to share. I'm now prowling websites for the soundtrack because I love the music.

That is all!

Lupo - Good Job on the 35 #s! You go! And yes, movie > icecream for rewards.

BTW please don't send anymore flub my way. It's sticking to me.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
      BTW please don't send anymore flub my way. It's sticking to me.

Cutenoob
      >.> I admit to nothing...

What...?

But thanks!! I lurves my new movie!

Comment

I like it too. It's right up there with other weird movies like "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "Sin City"
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          I like it too. It's right up there with other weird movies like "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "Sin City"
          Well, in the "Stage to screen" bonus vid on the DVD, one of the co-creators said they wanted to do a cross between "Blade Runner" and "Rocky Horror". Mission accomplished? Not sure, but great movie. It's my new obsession of the week, I find myself humming the songs at random moments.

Comment

Yes, total mission accomplished!

Which reminds me, Roommate Xarx turns 30 next year. We need to plan a Blade Runner party for him.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Yes, total mission accomplished!

Which reminds me, Roommate Xarx turns 30 next year. We need to plan a Blade Runner party for him.
              o.0

I'm not even sure how one would go about doing that, but I have an image it involves a lot of pleather and clear plastic costumes or something...?

Comment

Hm, I'll have to add it to my "need to see" list.

Oh and I like the new avatar!

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                  Hm, I'll have to add it to my "need to see" list.

Oh and I like the new avatar!
                  as I described it to my mother:

"It's a rock opera with everything. Sex, drugs, rock 'n roll, drama, horror, blood/gore, angst and mystery. and I get to see Paris Hilton's face fall off. what's not to love?"

Comment

Am I mistaken or is Jerry Springer in that?

What? So I'm a Cincinnati girl and his career has always cracked me up!
                    I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Quoth ta2ooed1 View Post
                      Am I mistaken or is Jerry Springer in that?

What? So I'm a Cincinnati girl and his career has always cracked me up!
                      Erm...no. Not that I'm aware of. Paris Hilton is, though...but I don't see Springer listed in any of the credits.

Comment

You may be thinking of Jerry Springer: The Opera, which is, I'm told, quite good.
                        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                        X