This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes from games you play

<19:29>[meutyf]: Holy crap. Why is nobody friendly with us anymore?
    <19:34>[Rapscallina]: probably because we keep attacking them?
    Message from enemy:
    We have reduced your leader to his last city. You will either join with us or everyone will be against you.

My reply:
    Goodie! More targets!
    Let's hear your own examples.

Raspcallion

Sonic Next Gen (otherwise known as Sonic 2006)

Silver: I've been looking for you. You're the Iblis Trigger. Your actions will condemn us all.
    Sonic: Who are you?
    Silver: My name is Silver. For the future of the world, I will destroy you.

This is the only Sonic game where Sonic gets (almost) killed; apart from the seriously shitty loading times (you could cook for a family of four in the time it takes to load) and the part of the plot connected to beastility and necrophilia (probably best not to ask), it's not as bad a game to play as a lot of people think. XD

Also, we can never forget this one...

Portal

“The Cake Is A Lie”

And you know it.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ultima 7:

My name is Sam. I am the flower man.
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Boot Hill RPG (tabletop)

"Okay, yeah. I shot the sheriff. But I did NOT shoot the deputy."

(I was just stunned that someone could actually work this in and have it fit.)

Comment

"Dammit, Wes, stop fondling the corpse and get over here."
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

"I nailed the hooker in the alley."

This is from a "Let's Kill," a card game I used to play with my gamer college roommate and his friends. I am not a gamer by any means, but this is one game I did play with them.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"You no take candle!" - various kobolds

"I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you." - succubus warlock minion

Dozens of others, but those are the two that spring to mind right off the bat.

From World of Warcraft
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

"Welcome to Roguefest '09!"
                "Why's it called that, Jon?"
                "Well, they have more Rogues in their party than any other class, Bill."
                "But where's the '09' come from?"
                "Because there's about oooohhh....9 encounters they'll face!"

D&D
                I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

"I utter a silent prayer to my god, then I mount my horse!"
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Not "in-character", but something said at the table repeatedly.

"When you're about to die, start talking shit!"

Basically, when it looked like our heroes were outmatched and doomed, myself and another player would start talking trash to the Big Bad Evil Guy. Then, wonder of wonders, the dice would start rolling our way and we'd end up pounding the snot out of this character that came within inches of killing us.
                    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

a few from my tabletop rpg days (sadly gone as group has all moved away lol)

from a super hero tabletop RPG:

player (who's character was the son of a VERY famous in game NPC hero, like the game worlds superman or batman etc., after foiling a crime and catching the villian): "well. like my dad always says Justice will always triumph.... aw crap! We have to kill this guy now don't we?"

From a DnD campaign in the Dragonlance setting

Player who's character kept a journal: " Sept 17th... BOZAKS EXPLODE!!!'
                      Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

"You cannot make that move!"

From a chess game my older brother had on the Atari. XD It happened every time you tried to make a move that wasn't allowed and the voice it used was so funny, we used to make it say it on purpose.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

"We don't need no stinkin' badgers!"

(again, the fact that this made perfect sense blew my mind.)

Boot Hill

Comment

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
                            Carl Johnson: Can you shoot?
                            The Truth: Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!
                            Jeffrey 'OG Loc' Cross: Man, fuck you! And I don't care what you heard, I ain't nobody's Ass Technician, BITCH!
                            [after Cesar gives CJ a silenced Colt .45]
                            Carl Johnson: Where'd you get that?
                            Cesar: Same place I buy my pants, holmes. This is America!
                            Carl Johnson: What do you think I'm made of? Puddin'?
                            Mike Toreno: You know, after what you've done for me, it's like you're a pro now. I got double agents in Panama who want to put a price on your head. A Russian spy - a little, fat, Boris looking guy - he's asking for clearance to interrogate you, Russian style. Calipers on the genitals. Feels good, you'd like it.
                            Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Tommy Vercetti: No. I just wanted to piss you off before I killed you.
                            Umberto Robina: Anyway, I wanted to tell you, me and Papi, to us, you Cuban. You have proved yourself, man. You got big cojones.
                            Tommy Vercetti: Well thank you, Umberto. Nobody's said that to me since I left jail.
                            Lance Vance: Hey there, officer. Nice badge, nice badge.
                            Tommy Vercetti: Ah, the benefits of a law school education: the ability to follow instructions.
                            Tommy Vercetti: You know Ken, this could be the beginning of a beautiful business relationship. I mean you're a conniving, back-stabbing, two-bit thief; and I'm a convicted, psychotic killer and drug dealer!

Comment

Also from GTA:SA

(G-Man telling CJ to learn to Fly) "Now, you either get in the goddamn air, or I'm going to sign this prisoner transfer so your brother gets put in the same Cell with Horse-Cock Harry, and I'll even give him a big 'ol tub of Vaseline."

CJ: 'But..."

G-Man: "What's that? Aaaaaaaaaaaaughhh? That's the sound your brother will be making with Ten Kilometres of Cock up his ass. Now. Learn. To. Fly."

From Guild Wars.

(To my guild at the time) "It's a level *Gets horribly Massacred by Maw the Mountain Heart* FUCK!"

"So, who wants to keep Prince Jenkins from being himself?"

"Wait, you mean we get to kill him ourselves! Best Boss Fight Ever!"

Dead Space:

"Got your Nose...""RARGH!" *WHAM CRACK CRUNCH* "You are a Remarkably harsh Man, Mister Clarke." (At 6:01 of this video) http://polsy.org.uk/play/viddler/?us...8&vurl=&start=

*Upon being told that now that the Engines have been reactivated, the ship's Asteroid Defense Guns have been taken offline, and the ship is passing through a Debris field...* God Dammit!

Comment

Working...
                              X