X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*ck you Mother Nature! 2009-10

It snowed by me today. I'm serious.

Not enough to cover the ground or even stick, but it did today.

Global warming is such horseshit.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

The scientists say it's gonna be a warm winter. The Farmer's Almanac says it's gonna be cold as shit.

We had a hot September. Previous experience indicates to me that the Almanac's gonna right on the money.

Comment

Ditch, I dunno about the Farmer's Almanac, but in my area (South Florida), we've been having record heat for October!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Tropicsgoddess speaks the truth. I'd MUCH rather be up there in the cold and half-assed snow than in Florida right now.

Comment

I missed the snow, Irv, but God knows it's been cold here in GB.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

It snowed here, too. Enough to stick. Enough to put a layer on the ground and make the roads slick. The roads cleared up by noonish, but there's still snow on the lawn.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

I put a lot of faith in the Almanac...and we had near record lows today. I think it's just about at the freezing point right now. Add in that lovely Plains wind and....*shiver* What I read in the Almanac indicated a colder and wetter than normal for Kansas, but I didn't read about the rest of the nation. It could be that Florida will have a warmer than normal winter.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

So is Frosty's carrot still bonusing you Irv?

Seriously, I'd give my nonexistent testicle to be somewhere cold right now.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Here it was all about the freezing rain. Sucked major. our steps to our apartment were covered in ICE. The roads are slick and coming home from work we bumped into a curb going downhill cuz some idiot decides that his POS, light as a feather car can move past us...until he hit the brakes and we had to hit ours sending us into the curb. No damage and just a little shaken. So thankful we made it home alive. It scares me when the kids are in the car during those conditions. I would have preferred straight up snow than sleet.
                  "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Gods every one but me is complaining about the weather... I know I know just wait a few months and i will be bitchin like everyone one else.

no snow but bitterly cold tonight. time to put cones on my roses for the winter.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I feel sorry for the Farmer's Almanac. Their usually-useful predictions are being thrown off by global warming, which they didn't take into account.
                      Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Snowed, stuck. Probably melt later this week (we're forecast for an 8 around the middle of the week), but we're probably soon to be in for the long haul. Different than last year, I don't think it snowed and stuck until the end of Nov.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

It's been hovering in the 50s at night and 60s during the day here this weekend. It's not bad.

On the other hand, it DID snow in Colorado and the Rockies/Phillies game was postponed...
                          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

My weather station hit 99 degrees today - with very high humidity all day.
                            Quote Dalesys:
                            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

It snowed a wee bit Friday night into Saturday morning. I was on watch until I fell asleep. It only stuck to roof tops, the top of cars, and grassy areas, and was gone by late morning.

However.....yay, 3-5 inches forecasted for tomorrow.

Don't be surprised if you see a little blue car on it's way to Arizona Tuesday morning, is all I'm going to say.

Just last weekend, we started plummeting into November/December like temperatures. It's fucking bullshit.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X