This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a week of yo-yo-ing.

Seems like something really great happens, followed by something horrible, and then back again - all this past week. I was so burnt out by the end of it that I just wanted to come home and relax on WoW this weekend, so my friend decided to surprise me with an upgrade to Burning Crusades. However, when it downloaded it, it deleted WoW from my computer and has been giving me incredibly strange error messages so now I can't even get on at all. (If anyone here runs WoW on a Mac and has suggestions, you're more than welcome to PM me...)

The good:
    I may get to spend three weeks in Italy this summer taking painting classes. Also, my midterms went incredibly well. I got to spend last weekend at a RenFaire and then one of my close friends who lives out of state will be visiting me within the next week or two. We only get to see each other twice a year at best, so I'm excited.

The bad:
    One of my friends from high school was in a terrible car accident where another driver didn't stop at a stop sign and hit her family's car in the intersection; her parents and little brother were all killed instantly and she's still in the hospital. She's going to be ok physically, but emotionally who knows if she'll ever really recover - she's still just a teenager. She doesn't have other family in the area either so she's probably getting sent off to family out of state, away from her friends, as soon as she's discharged from the hospital. Somehow I doubt that will make things any better.

My grandmother is also back in the hospital again... she had another stroke. And I've been sick for nearly three weeks now with flu that turned into a sinus infection. I've been stuck at home feeling lousy whenever I'm not in class.

Oh.. and I found out the guy I'd been starting to date is actually married. It's... a long but amusing story, and if anyone is interested, I'll elaborate. Seriously, it's like "this should be in a sitcom" type hilarious now that I can look at it as if I weren't involved.

I'd just really like it if things would stabilize a little and stop being so much drama. I just want a breather from this, heh.

I am excited about Italy, though, if that works out.

Shit. When it rains, it pours, dunnit.

Big hugs, homemade fudge and a big fat n!n to the guy you were dating. Blech.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I can heartily recommend Italy. Do it. I did. There's a guide to what I did somewhere around here. Need to finish that, actually.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
        Shit. When it rains, it pours, dunnit.
        Yeah, it does. Thanks guys.

Raps, where did you go in Italy? This program would have me in Florence mostly, but I'd get three free weekends to go anywhere.

Comment

Venice, Pisa, Rome, Anzio, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Vesuvius, a couple of amusement parks around Garda, and a fair amount of distance between. Oh, and Anzio.

Ten very active days.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
          X