Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've contacted petfinder.com and have an ad pending at The Noah Project. I'm more than willing to keep them here until a good home is found. It's mainly the cost of spaying/neutering and vet costs for shots, etc. I'm concerned with. If they are still here when it's time to have them 'fixed' I'll have to look into getting some help. If I were back to work full-force I'd be able to start putting some money away. (Sorry...just thinking out loud here.)

I can come up with enough money to get them proper kitten food and have no problem giving them a warm place and some loving. But the big stuff concerns me.

Gary's attitude also concerns me. When I go back to work Thursday I'm going to have to isolate them in my spare room so he doesn't get it into his head to have them for lunch. I really don't think that would happen but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.
    Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Comment

They are really adorable. I would have taken them in in a heartbeat too.

One word of warning, though: Worms. Assuming they never had a person taking care of them, or even if they did, they probably have not been de-wormed, and your cat could potentially get worms from them. Ask your vet about de-worming medicine, it usually isn't too expensive.

Comment

I'd take them and give them to Lizziebeff. She gets first dibs on any and all calicoes.

Or I'd keep them for myself, but Hetfield and Nella (hey, they're about year old now!) would not like that at all.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
          Oh, and female kittens don't get spayed until 6 months old so you would have some time to figure that out. I assume males are the same but I don't really know.
          Yes it's the same for males. The de-worming is a good idea too. They are really cute, you shouldn't have much trouble finding them a home.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
            Yes it's the same for males. The de-worming is a good idea too. They are really cute, you shouldn't have much trouble finding them a home.
            If you have a good relationship with your vet, ask if he/she can give you a break on the price. If you explain that you're trying to give them a good home, they might be willing to work with you. My little sister worked at a vet office for a few summers and the vets were normally willing to work with people in similar situations. Not with demanding EWs of course, but long term customers normally got help with small things.

Comment

sounds like they are at the right age to be made pets i hope you can find them help
              my boy cat didnt need to be neutered until 9 monthes

Comment

I went to the store and got them some Kitten Chow and bought new batteries for my camera so I hope you're not sick of pictures yet.

The male kitten

The female kitten ('Sprinkles')

Who could resist those faces?

ETA: One of my ads was listed and I received two calls already today. The thing is, both callers only wanted the male and I'm really hoping they will go together because they're so young. Since it's the first day and all, I want to give it some time.

BUT THEY'RE NOT STAYING!!!
                Last edited by Retail Associate; 10-13-2009, 01:24 AM.
                Retail Haiku:
                Depression sets in.
                The hellhole is calling me ~
                I don't want to go.

Comment

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I'd take 'em if I could
                  "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                  "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

They are TOO precious! If you were anywhere near Florida, I would take them in for you. Daughter and Son are begging for kitties of their own as it is.
                    I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

They're soooo cute!!! I want!

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                      Oh, and female kittens don't get spayed until 6 months old so you would have some time to figure that out. I assume males are the same but I don't really know.
                      Mine were done at 5 months...Boy was jumping on Girl in a little-bit-too-friendly sorta way by about 4 months...she wasn't interested, though, and would just knock him off. They went and got fixed at the same time, though.

I miss having little furries. Someday I'll have a place where I can have pets and I will have one or two Chihuahuas and maybe consider fostering kittens, too...
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Awwwwwwwww *hugs kitties* I miss having kittens around here (I'm sure mom doesn't though)
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

The little male already looks irrepressibly smug.
                          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I wish I could have them.
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              Boy was jumping on Girl in a little-bit-too-friendly sorta way by about 4 months...she wasn't interested, though, and would just knock him off.
                              Sounds like my little demons precious kittens.

I think that they should go together. Makes them happier and they get tons of companionship that way.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
                                BUT THEY'RE NOT STAYING!!!

Yes they are! You've already named one of them!

(Thanks for sharing this story, and the great pics! )

Mike
                                Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                                X