This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cute.....kitties......want! *thud*
    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

I've got a bit of an update, and it's good and bad news.

I've received several calls on the ads I placed and the good news, one lady and her daughter are coming tonight to meet the babies and will more than likely be taking them home.

The bads news, one lady and her daughter are coming tonight to meet the babies and will more than likely be taking them home.

These two sweeties stole my heart the minute they walked through my front door. When I look at their precious faces it boggles my mind how anyone could just dump them off somewhere without even trying to find them a home.

I love them already but I know I'm not in the position to give them everything they need. I almost told the lady that they were already taken but...that would be stupid on my part and not in the best interest of the kittens.

I know it's the right thing to do but it's so hard.
      Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

Just a few more pics:

Curled up on my lap at the computer

My monster 'Gary' and the little female (She was after his tail)

Gary and the little male

There's been a little less hissing and growling from Gary today. They've seldom been this close to each other. Gary mostly stays in my bedroom away from all the crazy kitten antics.
        Retail Haiku:
        Depression sets in.
        I don't want to go.

Comment

AW It'll be hard to give the little ones up, but you are doing the right thing.

Try to get an email addy from the people so you can keep in touch. I failed to do that when I had to give away kittens, and I regretted it
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

They're gone.
            Retail Haiku:
            Depression sets in.
            I don't want to go.

Comment

Aww.. I'm sorry. But they'll have a good home so that's good.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Awwwww!!!! Dacutewiddlekitties!!!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

*offers hugs and homemade baked comfort goods*

Those pictures are ADORABLE. I'm sorry you couldn't keep them, but it sounds like you did the right thing. Did you like the lady when she came over to pick them up? Hopefully she will give them a super-loving-wonderful home! At least they were able to stay together.

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                    Try to get an email addy from the people so you can keep in touch. I failed to do that when I had to give away kittens, and I regretted it
                    We exchanged email addy's and phone numbers. I'm hoping she will be willing to email a few photos as they grow.

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
                    Did you like the lady when she came over to pick them up?
                    I did. The kittens were a surprise for her daughter (who was maybe 13 or 14 years old). On their way here the daughter kept asking her mom questions about where they were going and why but the mom wouldn't tell her.

When I answered the door I was holding the little female (whom I had named 'Sprinkles') and the little male came walking around the corner about that same time. I invited them in and the girl was petting 'Sprinkles' when I said, "I was just saying good-bye."

She knew then why they were there and gasped with glee. It was really quite sweet! I asked her to please take good care of them and she promised she will.

I said a little prayer as they left then sat down and cried like a little baby.
                    Retail Haiku:
                    Depression sets in.
                    I don't want to go.

Comment

*hugs*

I'm glad you found a good home for them. Please let us know if you ever get any pictures from their new family! They're sooooo adorable.

Comment

Hey, I got a good story for you's. Yesterday I'm happily goofing off on Fakebook and I get an IM from my husband that someone left 2 kittens in one of our carriers in our driveway again (this is the 3rd time in the past little-over-a-year that this has happened; not sure if it's the same person or if the people doing it know each other).

Well, I do rescue and fostering for a local 501c3 and we have vet on wednesdays (today) so it ain't a predicament for me; the girls are at the vet right now being spayed. Here they are:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1205831070

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1205831070
                        I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
                          We exchanged email addy's and phone numbers. I'm hoping she will be willing to email a few photos as they grow.
                          <SNIP>
                          I said a little prayer as they left then sat down and cried like a little baby.
                          If you don't hear from her you can always email her. What does Gary think of the disappearance of his little rivals?

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                            If you don't hear from her you can always email her. What does Gary think of the disappearance of his little rivals?
                            I plan to email her in a couple weeks and ask if she'd send some photos.

Gary seems to have finally figured out that they are gone. He had been sneaking into their Kitten Chow and acted like that's what he wanted to eat this morning. But I had sent it along with the babies to their new home. Gary shouldn't be eating that anyway. He's on a special diet because he has bowel issues...not exactly as bad as IBD (inflammatory bowel disease), but it could develop into that if not monitored properly.

He actually slept with me last night for the first time since they arrived. Somehow I get the impression that he doesn't miss them a bit.

poofy_puff: Those are some lucky kitties. Thank-you for taking care of them. Someone around your area knows you're a sucker for these creatures. (That's what my son calls me!)
                            Retail Haiku:
                            Depression sets in.
                            I don't want to go.

Comment

I get to keep them at my house until some space opens up at the store, or until they are adopted. they are going to the store for the saturday morning adoption clinic. Their names are Ember and Aspen. Aspen was already pregnant, but she was spayed anyway because she wasn't very far along.
                              I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Working...
                              X