This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legos

So recently I have started buying legos. It started with two bunches of 1500 because they happened to be at really nice prices and went from there. Recently got another bunch of legos, but haven't been able to play much with them yet because I've been cleaning them which has been taking a little while. Luckily my roomate has not only been very tollerant, but has said he doesn't care if I put up a second table for them in the breakfast nook area since we don't really use it anyway. I've been having fun figuring out what some of the pieces are for and such. Any recommendations on useful/fun websites for lego stuff?
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Plenty of suggestions, depending on what your interested in building.
    http://www.lugnet.com/ is a fantastic source for ideas, discussion, and plans for all sorts of subjects.
    http://www.brothers-brick.com/ is a wonderful blog about all things Lego, including kit releases and company news.
    http://www.brickshelf.com/ the Flikr of Lego.

From there you can easily find blogs and websites devoted to specific subjects or genres. As a long time AFOL (Adult Fan Of Legos), let me be the first to welcome to the fun!
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Long-time fan of Legos over here too! But, most of my collection is in storage. Shame, since nearly all of it dates from the early 1980s
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        Long-time fan of Legos over here too! But, most of my collection is in storage. Shame, since nearly all of it dates from the early 1980s
        And probably worth a good bit of money, too. At least you didn't get rid of your collection like I did.

Slight shift in topic, but since your collection is from the early 80's, Protege, you might remember... I had a bunch of Lego clone blocks around then where each stud had a hole in the middle of it. Problem is, I can't remember the name of it. I know it's not Lock-Blocks or MegaBlocks....

*Edit* Never mind. I finally found it. It's called Tente.
        Last edited by Crossbow; 10-13-2009, 01:58 PM.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I have mine still (most from early 80s). Still trying to decide whether I want to sell anything. I only have one original instruction book though.

I had bought Mindstorms NXT with the intent of building a Lego Staypuft to go along with my Ghostbusters Minimates, but then discovered that the scale is a bit off (I'd need to make the skeleton about 18 inches taller).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
            Plenty of suggestions, depending on what your interested in building.
            http://www.lugnet.com/ is a fantastic source for ideas, discussion, and plans for all sorts of subjects.
            http://www.brothers-brick.com/ is a wonderful blog about all things Lego, including kit releases and company news.
            http://www.brickshelf.com/ the Flikr of Lego.

From there you can easily find blogs and websites devoted to specific subjects or genres. As a long time AFOL (Adult Fan Of Legos), let me be the first to welcome to the fun!
            Lugnut is one that I had seen and been really impressed with, though I sent in and email to become a member, and haven't heard anything back in a week or so more so I'm not sure if it just takes a little bit or if it's something else.

At the moment, I've just registered for peeron and eventually will inventory all my legos.

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
            I have mine still (most from early 80s). Still trying to decide whether I want to sell anything. I only have one original instruction book though.

I had bought Mindstorms NXT with the intent of building a Lego Staypuft to go along with my Ghostbusters Minimates, but then discovered that the scale is a bit off (I'd need to make the skeleton about 18 inches taller).
            All the instruction books are online so either you can find them and print them/put them on a cd or the person who bought them could do so.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

If you've got bundles of time, you could make a video like this.

On an unrelated note, it was always easy to tell when I got Legos for Christmas, just by shaking the box. Me and my brother NEVER opened the Lego first, because we already knew what it was.
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                Lugnut is one that I had seen and been really impressed with, though I sent in and email to become a member, and haven't heard anything back in a week or so more so I'm not sure if it just takes a little bit or if it's something else.

All the instruction books are online so either you can find them and print them/put them on a cd or the person who bought them could do so.
                Lugnet has a lot of traffic so it does take a little time. But they should get back to you soon.

As for instructions, as long as the set isn't current, they should be on http://www.hccamsterdam.nl/brickfactory/

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                  And probably worth a good bit of money, too. At least you didn't get rid of your collection like I did.
                  Probably. But I don't plan on selling them any time soon. My city will eventually get rebuilt in the basement. I still have most of the instruction sheets, plus several I downloaded from Brickshelf. Hopefully, I'll get around to setting all that stuff up.

I still think the original (yellow) castles looked a bit odd. Of course, they didn't have many gray pieces then, nor did they have the "modular" walls the later castles did.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                  X