This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just one wierd one (a random post)

as I sit here typing this post the high school marching band is out in the parking lot next door. not that I mind them doing this at 10am in the morn unless I have had a sleepless night.

but what got me was the song they are practicing. they are doing "The Time Warp" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.. I went downstairs to look out the door to actually make sure that is what they are playing AND I see them doing the dance that goes along with it (ya know the pelvic grinding and such)

God how times have changed. not sure why they are doing this song either. for the last couple of years they have done "Louie Louie" (the one that got banned in the late 50's because the FBI could not tell if the lyrics were "dirty" or not)
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Well, they're probably practicing for a game on or near Halloween - and RHPS fever does reach a high point on Halloween. Nowadays, it's such a cheesy cult classic that it's lost any shock value, and the Time Warp is a tame dance comparatively speaking.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Plus there's the fact that band geeks are just that...geeks. RHPS is like candy for us.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I usually just tune out whatever they are playing, but something in the back of my head said "I KNOW THAT song" that is just what made it wierd.

I know I am starting to think about RHPS esp since Halloween falls on a Sat this year and the group I go to to see is doing 2 shows one Fri and one Sat. gotta start playing the CD audio rip of the movie soon. gotta get in the MOOD
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
        X