This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying!! (dentist content)

So, I have a new dentist....and he's cool, the hygienist was awesome, and I cam avity free!

What the annoying this? The root canal my old dentist did over 10 years ago was.....not done well.......and I may lose the tooth.

Bloody hell.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Sorry about the tooth. Hopefully, since he seems to be a good dentist, he'll be able to save it.

I've had 2 or 3 root canals a year for the last few years and the way they do things now has really improved (an eating disorder from my teen years really did a number on my teeth). One really old root canel they thought for sure was going to get yanked, they were able to save. Took a 4-hour appointment, but it's still there.

You're especially lucky he's got a great hygenist. I just got a call from my dentist office (I had a cleaning appointment booked for next Wednesday) and my favourite hygenist is leaving the practice and they wondered if I wanted to come in tomorrow before she leaves. Unfortunately, I can't.

They'd re-scheduled me with the other one, but I actually had gotten up and left halfway during a cleaning I dislike her chair-side manner so much.

Now I have to find another place for cleaning . I like my dentist so I don't want to switch, but I will not subject myself to "her".

Good luck on the tooth!
    No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

My old dentist had terrible hygienists....one who yelled at me for my TMJ, because it was annoying. Like I can control it!

That cool you got up and left.....I'd never be that brave. I'd just complain afterward, ha!
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Sorry to thread jack...

She knew I'd had an eating disorder and that I was really upset about the condition of my teeth.

My super amazing dentist had built them up again since the enamal erosion really destroys the integrity of teeth. He did an amazing job - especially considering I wasn't covered by insurance at the time. He cut me a great deal and let me pay over time. It should have cost in the thousands, but he only charged me for the materials and half the time (he'd recently graduated and was building his patient base). He also had my permission to take before and after photos to show other patients.

I had asked her to be very gentle while scraping and told her again that the front teeth were prone to chipping and to please be careful. She kept going at it like they were normal teeth and then announces that one of them was loose and that it should be taken out.

I waved my hand, stopped her, got up and walked out in tears. I made an appointment with the dentist for the next day, told him what had happened, he checked and it was totally fine. He didn't know what she was talking about.

I've never had her touch me again. She's been very congenial to me ever since when I'm in the office, but damned if she's getting near me again!
        No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

That's terrible you had such an uncaring and rather stupid hygienist.....your regular dentist def sounds cool. A good find!! And you were def in the right to walk away.

I have my follow up in a few weeks (already used all my work from home days) so I will find out then I'm gonna have to me one of them fancy fake tooth

Comment

I will say this this....dang my teeth feel clean Been well over 10 yrs since I've seen a dentist....this is nice

I also have an eye appt in about a month....look at me being so responsible and actually using my insurance

Comment

I miss my old hygienist. She was nice and made me feel as much at ease as I'll ever be at the dentist's. She got free samples for electric tooth brush and joked around a bit. I have no idea what my dentist is actually like, she's nice when she's there but she checks quickly so I hardly spend time with her. This reminds me I need to set up an appointment at the new place for December.
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I've been going to the same practice since I had teeth...my mother went to that practice as a kid! The father ran the practice when I was a kid, and his two sons took over when he retired. The thought of someday having to find a new dentist terrifies me..lol...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                X