Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dalesys I have told my husband that I have been tempted to do so on more than one occasion.

RavenStarr I told him that the only brat I see was him. When he turned to face me I told him he was a bastard who needed a new line of work or just refuse to work on children, since he had zero personality skills to relate to them and I hoped to Almighty God he didn't have any children of his own. I told him if he said anything to my son to that upset him that he (the dentist) better hope to his god (I didn't ask his religious faith) I didn't find out, because I would be back and I would not be as nice.

He ran off. Yes, a grown man ran from me. *Sigh* not the first time.

When the dental assistant came out I told her I wanted to speak the dentist's boss right now and I would wait all day if necessary to speak to that person.

The boss came out 20 minutes later, heard me out and told me she would be speaking to him and telling him his behavior was unacceptable and that he is never to speak to a child and/or the parent that way again. I told her she should probably watch how he interacts with children also, because I have a feeling he is very intimidating to them. She assured me she would.

I think for the most part I'm a very nice person, but if a person messes with one of my children or my husband I get real mean real fast. Yes, I do get overly protective of all of them.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

He ran off. Yes, a grown man ran from me. *Sigh* not the first time.
      Well Mis, you know it's always typical for a bully to run off with their tail tucked between their legs

The boss came out 20 minutes later, heard me out and told me she would be speaking to him and telling him his behavior was unacceptable and that he is never to speak to a child and/or the parent that way again. I told her she should probably watch how he interacts with children also, because I have a feeling he is very intimidating to them. She assured me she would.
      IMHO, He is nothing but a bully who should be fired. I'm saying this because of having to deal with a mean dentist growing up. Unfortunately my mother never did anything about it it. She just thought I was being difficult.
      Last edited by Broomjockey; 10-29-2009, 12:00 AM. Reason: quote tags
      Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

He could have been soldering in there for all I knew.
        Judging from the amount of smoke that comes out of my mouth when I go to have any work done, he was probably manufacturing steel.

I have very sensitive teeth and gums myself. Last time I went for a cleaning, I had to have 9 shots of Novacaine before I couldnt' feel anything before they even touched my teeth. One of the reasons (outside of cost and insurance coverage) that I don't go unless I absolutely have to.

And I'm dreading it this coming year . . . sadly, I've had to put off getting these teeth worked on for so long that now it's getting to the point where the same teeth that had cavities filled years ago are starting to deteriorate. IMO it seems the best way to address this is to simply have ALL my teeth extracted and a complete set of upper and lower plates made. I have no enamel left on my teeth (it mostly wore away by the time I was in my teens . . . ) and frankly I can't see spending money I don't have on fillings/crowns that will only have to be redone again several years down the road.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I just had four teeth pulled.

It's been a week and a day, and I STILL HURT.

They put me out for it, and when I woke up, I didn't even remember going to sleep. It took about 5 minutes for the first of the Novocaine to wear off so I could feel the gauze in my mouth to realize they had actually done the work!
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

try having what is refered to as "antelope roots"-which basicly means my upper roots for my teeth are very close to if not in my sinus cavity, and the lower ones go through my jawbone-you can feel from the outside where I've had teeth extracted on my lower jaw(and the roots of the still there teeth)-and sadly to get them out they usually have to fracture my jawbone-so only one extraction allowed every 8 weeks-however my dentist is good enough that he has done fillings without novacaine, and I didn't feel it.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
            X