This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange sights

Figured I'd see if I can get some good stories. I'll contribute my small one from today.

Today I saw a bicycle cop pull over a motorized wheelchair today. I don't know what they were talking about but the wheelchair switched to the sidewalk after.

Also: a sign that said "slow pumpkins for sale"
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

It's in the high 50's here today.
    Guy came into the shop in running shoes, tank top, thick wool scarf (wound around his neck 3 times) and one of those heavy duty, fur lined, russian look alike hats.
    ...no gloves

Comment

"It shouldnt" reminded me...

In high school one day, mid winter, bitter cold....a girl walks in with thick wool gloves on...and a tank top.

To this day..i still think about it and its mind boggling.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        "It shouldnt" reminded me...

In high school one day, mid winter, bitter cold....a girl walks in with thick wool gloves on...and a tank top.

To this day..i still think about it and its mind boggling.
        I've seen girls wear flip flops during winter. Hell one time there was a girl with a handkerchief dress and sandals.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
          I've seen girls wear flip flops during winter. Hell one time there was a girl with a handkerchief dress and sandals.
          There's quite a few of them about at the moment. I think some folk see a ray of sunshine, then it's suddenly clothing optional.
          "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
            My cousin's son wears sandals year-round...then again, he's 11, and has a condition that causes large blisters on his feet, so he can't always wear regular shoes...and when it's cold he wears them with socks.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When I was pregnant, I lived in shorts and t-shirts. I was a little thermostat! I was hot all the time.

Now, 6 years later, I hate going to stores in the winter 'cos their heater is jacked up so high, I get really bad headaches.

Comment

Every year with out fail... the snow will fall... the ground will be covered with ice. All of us sane people will bundle up out of fear for our extremists .... and every year I see So many little.....tramps.... wearing mini-skirts...high heals and tank tops.... shivering outside smoking their clove cigarettes...and trying to act all sexy.

....I will admit with much same to purposely aiming for all the slushiest iciest puddles when ever I see them....cause I am a Bi**h

....Also last night when we were driving home there as a man just standing in the middle of a cross walk... Just standing there looking straight up. We sat at the light watching... he didn't move... we drove on by... still there.... weird
                "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                -Red

Comment

Quoth MannersMakethMan View Post
                  There's quite a few of them about at the moment. I think some folk see a ray of sunshine, then it's suddenly clothing optional.
                  I would understand this reasoning had it not been around 10pm when I spotted the girl I was thinking of. Most likely she was going out and I can understand wanting to look good but when the majority of the population is bundled up perhaps it's time to reconsider whether it's worth losing a few toes to frostbite.

And I say this if it was day time too. If you live in an area where snow is something you'd expect out of winter then learn to find ways to look pretty while being warm. I've only been in the UK a month and a half now but I've discovered that girls here tend to wear leggings if they wear short skirts. It looks nice and their legs don't get goosebumps.
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

guy in a business suit with a briefcase on a unicycle (my sister saw this)

local gun storys sign has a teddy bear with a ak47 assult rifle and ammo

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                      ....Also last night when we were driving home there as a man just standing in the middle of a cross walk... Just standing there looking straight up. We sat at the light watching... he didn't move... we drove on by... still there.... weird
                      you were supposed to call rusty.
                      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

One time we were driving through Wisconsin and I looked up at this barn near the highway, and there were two elephants in the barnyard.

My parents missed it and they still don't believe me.
                        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Not far from me...there's a toilet up in a tree, about 10 feet off the ground. How it got up there, I have no idea. Do I want to know, or want to know why the perp thought it was a good idea? Probably not
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

About a month ago driving in Daytona Florida we saw a billboard

"4 out of 5 black babies are killed by abortion"

Years ago driving back from a carnival it was dark, I rounded a corner to see a freaking camel's head hanging out over a fence. I stopped, woke up my wife and turned around to see a yard with 2 camels, a bunch of llamas, and a peacock (granted not all were seen that night I went back in the day time).

It's abandoned now, the house that the yard is on is actually a mansion (in the middle of the boonies) with some 30 bedrooms.

It's neat to look at and sad to see how much it has deteriorated in just a few years.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                              guy in a business suit with a briefcase on a unicycle (my sister saw this)
                              Made me think of this.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X