Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was...somewhere east of st. louis on the way to virginia and my boyfriend and i saw a sign for an "emo fresh market."

...i don't even know.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

This is from many years ago, when I used to go to auto races with my dad and uncle.

They like sprint car racing. Sprint cars are real little cars with big wings on top. They can hit about 120 mph on a dirt track under the right conditions.

Along with the sprint cars in a given race, there will be other kinds of cars racing to fill up time and give the sprint car drivers time to rest and work on their cars. Usually these are the entry-level beater cars you'll find at most every stock car race.

I like watching the beater cars more than sprint cars. They bump and bang into each other.

Anyhow, the beater cars were racing. This involves two cars I'm going to call Car A and Car B.

During the race car A hit car B in the ass end and spun it out. Not on purpose; just one of those things that happens when the beater cars race. Car B's driver was not too happy about being spun out. As car A passed him, he threw his helmet at it. He did this twice. Then I guess he got disqualified from the race and his car was sent to the infield. Being spun out would not have disqualified him otherwise.

As it turned out, car A won the race. As the driver was doing his victory lap around the track, the driver of car B got back into his car, gunned the engine, tore out onto the track, caught up to car A, blasted into it and spun it around.

Everybody in the grandstands was all and expecting a fistfight to break out or something.

There weren't any punches thrown I can remember, but car A and its driver spent the rest of the night in the infield instead of in the pits, so that there wouldn't be any more fighting.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wonder if driver b used to play hockey.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

There's a camel that lives down the road from my brother in Milner, GA. Just out in a pasture or among the trees. I'd been told about it a few times and, never having seen it, thought it was a joke until one day it was there.
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Strangest thing I've seen lately was two years ago, in the summer. I was walking downtown to pick up some groceries and saw a jet trail in the sky. I stopped and looked, and saw that there were five or six other trails behind it, almost like they were chasing it.

I just wondered what was going on... there's no air base or anything in the area (so the thought that it might be some kind of exercise seems remote), there were no air shows happening at that time (there was one about 100km away a month before)...

I still don't know... I just thought it was weird.
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Man, dressed as a nun, riding a tall bike in circles in front of Central United Methodist Church, downtown Asheville.

Man on a 12-foot-tall bike, wearing a large top hat riding around downtown Asheville.

Note that in the above video, he circles the Pritchard Park drum circle, held every Friday night during warm weather and which can attract about 700 people on a good night.

Zombies attack an Indian restaurant in downtown Asheville.

That's enough for now, although it goes without saying that these sights are not considered strange by area residents. The tourists are usually somewhat freaked out, though... As for us residents, we see the man dressed as a nun ride by and we say, "Oh, there goes the nun again. Anybody want ice cream?"
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I woke up one Saturday morning, looked out of the window of my flat to see a bus parked and dozens of morris dancers getting off. Which was a real Twin Peaks moment, cos I lived in the middle of a very urban town.

I recently saw a muslim woman, in full burqa, collecting her children from the local Church of England school.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                X