This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you want to be?

Thought this would be cute to see others responses...

When i was in 3rd grade I wanted to be a firefighter AND a police officer.

Lol.

Anyone else?

At various times:

-teacher
    -Secret Service agent
    -police officer
    -vet
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Game show host. Still would, actually.
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I still haven't figured that out..
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Lawyer
          Flim Director
          Make up artist
          Bakery Owner

Comment

Independantly wealthy.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

a mother
              an astronaut
              a marine biologist
              a software programmer

Gave up or discarded all of those dreams.
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Fighter Jet Pilot

Then I found out you need 20/20 vision or better and my hopes and dreams were crushed.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

To join the Navy.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                    Fighter Jet Pilot

Then I found out you need 20/20 vision or better and my hopes and dreams were crushed.
                    Hey! You just stole my answer, almost word for word!

Oh well...

besides being a fighter pilot, I also wanted to be a chef... then I actually WORKED in food service. Never. Again!

Nowadays, I just want to be a husband and a father. I figure the career thing will sort itself out eventually.
                    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                    --StanFlouride

Comment

An Explorer
                      Florist
                      Vet
                      As soon as I start thinking
                      That I'm sensible and sane
                      The Random Hedgehog comes along
                      And fiddles with my Brain
                      (from card I got)

Comment

a history researcher. I would like to just hole myself up in a library looking for stuff for a professor.

If I ever figure out a way to do it, I am going back for my history degree, focusing on anciet celts and the surrounding area
                        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                          a history researcher. I would like to just hole myself up in a library looking for stuff for a professor.

If I ever figure out a way to do it, I am going back for my history degree, focusing on anciet celts and the surrounding area
                          Super cool. I am learning about them on my own. Lots and lots of interesting stuff.

Back on topic, I wanted to be a lawyer. And if things go the way I want them to, I will finally get to be one.

Comment

A locomotive engineer (aka train driver)
                            *still would be if a) I could afford the tuition and b) wasn't now allergic to the sun

Fighter Pilot (eyes suck)

or the Captain of a ship.

B
                            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

At various times I considered:

4th grade - actress (made fun of for that)

6th grade - police officer (same thing. Made fun of constantly)

9th grade - writer

11th grade - computer genius and/or teacher

None of those worked out, of course (couldn't get financial help for college.) Perhaps there's a different plan in mind for me that I'm not aware of yet.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X