This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Windsor Knot

So, I'm putting together a mobster costume from thrift-store items for Halloween. Then I realized I bought a 'real' tie (as opposed to clip-on). Took me 3-youtube videos on how to tie it, but I've finally mastered the Windsor Knot!

A practical skill for any woman to know.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    So, I'm putting together a mobster costume from thrift-store items for Halloween. Then I realized I bought a 'real' tie (as opposed to clip-on). Took me 3-youtube videos on how to tie it, but I've finally mastered the Windsor Knot!

A practical skill for any woman to know.
    That's the only tie knot I know.

Comment

Whoo! Tie-Five! *giggles*

That's my favorite knot.
      Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

i can only tie a tie the way I learned in Air Cadets.

Which after a bit of research, should be a Windsor, but I'm not sure at 6am.
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

My biochem teacher/chem department head had to teach me how to tie a tie. Slightly embarrassing, but it worked out pretty well for me.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I still don't know how to tie a tie.

At least I can use being a woman as an excuse, when one of my boyfriend's old roommates, a 21 year old guy, didn't know how to tie a tie.

They were all dressing up as mobsters too

Comment

I had to learn to tie a windsor knot when I had to tie my neckerchief for culinary school. Mom knows how to since my dad doesn't....so I've known for a while.

Still a handy tool to have ^^
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

oooo I love a man in a classic french cuffed dress shirt, complete with cuff links and matching tie clip ... mrDrone has this beautiful clip and link set he picked up at auction, gold set with opals. he also knows how to actually tie a necktie
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                  At least I can use being a woman as an excuse, when one of my boyfriend's old roommates, a 21 year old guy, didn't know how to tie a tie.
                  I'm a 25 year old guy and I can't do it either.

I get it almost right, and then splat.

Comment

I have often tied ties for other men, though not being a woman, I can't tie it on them, but rather, I have to tie it on myself, than loosen it enough to take it off, put it on them, and have them tighten it. And I tie a damn good tie, thank you very much. Not surprising, though, considering I am 39 and learned how to tie a tie at the age of 10.

The one sad part about this is the way I learned to tie a tie. I was taught by a salesman in a clothing store, in preparation for my father's funeral. (To his credit, he was a damn good teacher. Took him fifteen minutes for me to really get it, but he was really patient, and his lessons have stuck with me all these years.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

I learned how to tie a tie when I worked in the men's clothing depatment.

I don't know if it was a Windsor knot or not, but it worked. I've forgotten how after all this time though. (lack of practice..)
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                      X